Deadline: 31 May 2023
York Centre for Political Theory 2023 Book Manuscript Workshop
The York Centre for Political Theory invites submissions for its 2023 Book Manuscript Workshop.
The book manuscript workshop provides a structure for generating constructive, informed criticism on book manuscripts close to completion but still at a stage where they can benefit from review.
The workshop’s aim is to make the book manuscript as strong as possible prior to submission for publication. The manuscript selected will be the subject of a day-long workshop at which each submitted chapter will receive critical commentary from reviewers, external and internal to York, with related areas of expertise.
This is followed by a response from the author and discussion with a broader group of invited political theorists from York and other UK universities.
Priority will be given to:
- Manuscripts that engage meaningfully with the research streams of the York Centre for
Political Theory and research carried out by its members
- Manuscripts that are at a moment in the writing process when authors can most effectively utilise such feedback
Interested authors should email [email protected]. Deadline for submission is Wednesday, May 31st, 2023, at 5PM.
Please include the following application materials:
- a short CV (no more than 2 pages)
- a one-page cover letter explaining the book’s significance to the field; how the manuscript links up to the research interests of the York Centre for Political Theory and its members; and why and how this opportunity will be important to the process of book completion and to the applicant’s career trajectory
- project description of 2-5 pages, including: title; summary of the argument; chapter summaries, with indication of the 4 chapters proposed for discussion; timeline for completion and current stage of writing process; whether the book is already under contract; a ranking of 6 potential external reviewers (at least 3 including UK based scholars) and names of possible internal reviewers
- one sample chapter
The next workshop is to take place September 2023. Decisions will be communicated to applicants mid-June.