Deadline: June 30, 2022, at 5 pm PST
Women’s Public Leadership Network (WPLN) 2022-2023 Nonprofit Management Fellowship Program – United States
WPLN – Applications are now open for the Women’s Public Leadership Network (WPLN) 2022-2023 Nonprofit Management Fellowship Program. Women’s Public Leadership Network (WPLN) educates, organizes, and inspires center- and right-leaning women to seek public office at all levels across the U.S. and become effective leaders once there. We are building a network of support across the country that includes state-based organizations to identify, engage, and train women on the ground. We offer tools and opportunities designed to equip women with the knowledge and resources they need, including online content and access to a community of like-minded individuals who can help them on their journey.
The WPLN Fellowship program will enlist Fellows to aid in enhancing the capabilities of our network of state-based organizations that seek out and prepare local women to run for office. Four Fellows will be hired by WPLN in 2022–2023; each will be paired with a single partner organization in one of four states or regions (New England, Georgia, Michigan, and Louisiana).
Through this program, Fellows will have the chance to work with mentors and receive practical training in the skills required to sustain and grow nonprofit organizations. Each Fellow will support efforts to scale up one of these four WPLN training partners through program design, marketing, data management, and brand building.
Possibilities and Advantages
- Expand your professional network
- Meet women leaders nationally and in your home state
- Build professional skills in both the political and non-profit realms
- Receive professional mentorship from WPLN State Partner Executive Director and WPLN staff
- Virtual Brown bag lunches 2x a semester to build your professional skills and networks
- Attend WPLN Fellowship kickoff in Washington, D.C. with tour of capitol and opportunities to meet with women leaders (expenses covered by WPLN)
- Attend WPLN’s annual National Summit (location TBD) with Fellowship Graduation ceremony, with a special lunch and certificate upon completion (expenses covered by WPLN)
- If your academic institution can provide credit for the internship we can work with you to facilitate that process
- Applicants must be enrolled in an institution of higher education at the AA, BA or graduate level.
- Ideal candidates will have a passion for increasing women’s representation in public office, especially those who identify as center- and right-leaning in their political ideology and want to strengthen their knowledge and skills in the nonprofit sector.
Summary of the Position for the Women’s Public Leadership Network (WPLN) 2022-2023 Nonprofit Management Fellowship Program
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator and in partnership with their state-based WPLN partner Executive Director, the Fellow is responsible for accelerating the WPLN State Partner’s mission in their city/region through the following activities:
- Create a state prospectus that examines the status of women in public office in the state to which the Fellow has been assigned.
- Assist in the development and implementation of two state-based program events (ie: Facebook Live, in-person training, etc.) to reach more women.
- Write at least one blog post per semester, on a subject germane to the work of the WPLN State Partner.
- Help the State Partner organization implement a signature fundraising luncheon event in Q1 of 2023.
- Design organization marketing materials to support these and other programs as needed, along with other communication needs.
- Passion for WPLN mission, specifically, and civic engagement, generally
- Highly organized, self-starter who can work virtually and consistently meet deadlines
- Computer literate, fully proficient with MS Office suite and Google drive
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with social media applications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat); graphic design skills and experience with Canva a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and sustain mutually beneficial relationships
- Experience with relationship building via in person and phone contact consistently
- Strong project management skills, especially remotely
- An affinity for working with a culturally and politically diverse community
- Political experience a plus
Payment and Time Commitment – Women’s Public Leadership Network (WPLN) 2022-2023 Nonprofit Management Fellowship Program
The WPLN Fellowship is eight months long, September 1, 2022 – April 30, 2023. Fellows will receive a monthly stipend of $1,250 for a total of $10,000 over the Fellowship period. In order to fulfill the responsibilities of this fellowship, Fellows must be able to:
- Attend in-person Fellowship kickoff training in Washington D.C. over Labor Day weekend, September 3-5 (travel expenses covered by WPLN).
- Meet with their supervisor during standard work hours at least once a week.
- Spend an average of 10 hours a week, at least half of which will need to take place during standard business hours of 9-6 pm.
- Beyond required meetings and training, Fellows have flexibility managing time in executing their role and other responsibilities.
- Attend the WPLN National Summit April 28-30, 2023, location TBD (travel expenses covered by WPLN), which will also include a “Fellowship Graduation” event.
- Attend the designated State Partner signature fundraising luncheon in Q1 of 2023 (travel expenses covered by WPLN).