Deadline: 27 May, 2022.
Women Leadership Academy (WLA) Program 2022 for Africans
The Women Leadership Academy (WLA), an initiative of the Aga Khan University, aims to enhance women’s leadership and decision-making capacity within civil society.
The programme is funded by Global Affairs Canada and Aga Khan Foundation Canada as part of the Foundations for Health and Empowerment (F4HE) and Foundations for Education and Empowerment (F4EE) grants.
The aims of the academy/course are to:
- Help upcoming women leaders to demonstrate creativity, have ability to communicate their vision, inspire and ignite the passion of their people to achieve the best in a continuously changing environment
- Deliver leadership knowledge, skills, tools, support and networks for the upcoming women leaders
WLA invites applications from young and upcoming women in management or supervisory roles, and with experience in community based organizations in health and education sectors and non-governmental organizations in Kenya and Uganda. The WLA program is divided into five modules and will run for six months. On graduation, a certificate will be awarded followed by enrolment into the alumni program for networking and mentorship.
Eligibility Criteria for the Women Leadership Academy (WLA) Program 2022
We invite participants who fit the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of two years post-secondary education
- Aged between 30 – 45 years old
- Involved in women or gender equality organizations activities for at least five years
- Proficient in english
- Can commit to at least four hours a week for the six month duration of the course
- Can commit to five days at the start of the programme and three days at the end of the programme for a full-time engagement
- Willing to participate and take part in Alumni activities
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM