Women in Africa (WIA) Young Leaders Programme 2022 for African Women
The Women in Africa (WIA) Young Leaders programme will benefit from a tailor-made training path whose themes will be related to women’s leadership and the skills needed for the future. Then, in autumn 2022, the laureates will benefit from a “business trip” in a world economic capital to:
- connect with high-level personalities and mentors such as CEOs, ministers, journalists,
business or public figures, and accomplished entrepreneurs
- be trained on boards of directors, media training, career coaching and other customized
- benefit from high media visibility
A personalized follow-up will be set up by WIA, to identify the individual needs of the Young Leaders and to respond with precision to the progression of their skills.
The call for applications will be open from March 17, 2022 to April 15, 2022 at midnight (French time).
The selection process will be conducted in two phases:
- Selection based on file
- Interview with the jury
The main selection criteria:
- Women between 25 and 40 years old (flexibility possible depending on experience level)
- Born in an African country or having parents born in an African country
Involvement in the development of the continent and social commitment
- Leadership skills (humility, empathy and resilience)
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with “self-made” backgrounds
- Vision of what Africa should be in the future.
- Willingness to reconcile business conduct, social impact and public/private dialogue.
- Ability to take on responsibilities at the highest level.
- Strong convincing skills combined with a taste for teamwork.
- Francophone, Anglophone, ideally bilingual.