Deadline: 21 April 2023 at midnight (French time)
WIA Women in Africa Young Leaders 2023 Program – 3rd Edition
Women In Africa launches the third edition of the WIA Young Leaders 2023 program, developed in partnership with Dior, investment bank Lazard in France, the leading digital player in Africa Huawei Northern Africa, audit firm and consultancy KPMG France and the global multi-energy company TotalEnergies. After two successful editions, WIA and its partners continue to support and highlight young African women leaders called to be emblematic actors in Africa’s economic growth.
This year, 10 leaders will benefit from a tailor-made training program that will focus on women’s leadership and the skills of tomorrow. They will be supported by renowned mentors and will have the opportunity to live an immersive experience through a business trip in a world economic capital city. This trip will allow them to access a high-level professional network, be trained, meet experts from their sectors and benefit from high visibility at international events.
The WIA Young Leaders program will be an opportunity to:
- Connect with high-level personalities and mentors such as CEOs, ministers, journalists, business or public figures, and serial entrepreneurs
- Be trained on boards, media training, career coaching and other customized training
- Benefit from international media visibility
This initiative is part of the fight for equal opportunities and allows the training of 10 young African women leaders by accompanying them in a qualitative way in their professional careers and in their social ascension, so that they can fully exploit their potential.
The main selection criteria:
- Women between 25 and 40 years old (flexibility possible depending on experience level)
- Born in an African country or having parents born in an African country
- Involvement in the development of the continent and social commitment
- Leadership skills (humility, empathy and resilience)
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with “self-made” backgrounds
- Vision of what Africa should be in the future.
- Willingness to reconcile business conduct, social impact and public/private dialogue.
- Ability to take on responsibilities at the highest level.
- Strong convincing skills combined with a taste for teamwork.
- Francophone, Anglophone, ideally bilingual.
The selection process will be conducted in two phases:
- Selection based on file: 12 pre-finalists
- Interview with the jury: 10 selected leaders
How to Apply
The call for applications is launched on Monday, March 20, 2023. The deadline for applications is 21 April 2023 at midnight (French time). All young African women who contribute to building a dynamic, innovative and inclusive Africa are invited to apply for the programme by completing the form below: