Deadline: September 1, 2022
Westpac Future Leaders 2022 Masters and PHD Scholarship Program for Australian citizens – $120,000
Applications are now open for the Westpac Future Leaders 2022 Masters and PHD Scholarship Program. The Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship promotes Australia’s future leaders by giving gifted people the opportunity to study for a postgraduate degree at one of the country’s top universities, take part in a customized leadership program, and build a global network of contacts.
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships are among the most powerful development scholarships in Australia. As well as investing up to $120,000 over 2-3 years into your postgraduate studies, the Scholarship will also shape your leadership skills far and above your expectations. There will be up to 17 Scholarships awarded each year.
The Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship will provide funding of up to $120,000 to support study, research, global experience and access to the Leadership Development Program. The value of your proposed program of study or research may be less than $120,000, and will depend on the type of course or research program.
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (New Zealand citizens are not eligible);
- have completed first undergraduate degree within the last 5 years, or will complete by December 2022;
- have achieved or are on track to achieve an average result of H1 or H2A equivalent or approx 75 WAM;
- have chosen to undertake a full-time Masters by coursework or research or a PhD at one of our participating university partners;
- have a field of study which, for PhD and Masters by research applicants has an ERA four digit FOR rating of “well above world standard” and Masters by coursework applicants, your proposed area of study must be in area of world-class standing;
- commence study in 2023. Current postgraduate students are not eligible;
- Your proposed program of study must contribute to the future of Australia in one of the Foundation’s priority funding areas: Sustainable Futures, Australia in Asia, Thriving Tech Sector or An Inclusive Country;
- include in your proposed program of study international opportunities which will develop your leadership skills and global networks, such as; study tours for the purpose of research, attending a short course or conference, a period of internship or volunteering;
- have a worthy and viable post-study plan that benefits Australia;
- supply two letters of reference, one academic reference and one personal reference;
- be able to attend the National Selection Panel to be held in Sydney on 6-7 December 2022;
- be able to attend the Future Leaders Scholars Leadership Development Program in Sydney on 12 – 17 February 2023 and another date to be determined in August; and
- be able to attend the 2023 Westpac Scholars Summit on 3-4 April 2023.
Universities taking part
The Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship program is offered at the following universities:
- Australian National University;
- Monash University;
- The University of Adelaide;
- The University of Melbourne;
- The University of Queensland;
- The University of Sydney;
- University of New South Wales;
- University of Western Australia; and
- University of Tasmania.