Deadline: August 15, 2022.
WE Africa Leadership Program 2023 Cohort
Applications are now open for the WE Africa Leadership Program 2023 Cohort. Women for the Environment (WE Africa) puts women at the heart of transforming Africa’s environmental movement. WE lead is our pan African one year leadership program for high level women environmental leaders with influence, a desire for change and a paying it forward mindset who wish to be part of this movement. WE Africa was born from our frustration with the current model of conservation leadership in Africa and the urgent need for more inclusive, impactful leadership to tackle biodiversity loss and the climate crisis. We urge you to join our movement and our connected, committed community of women environmental leaders in Africa.
What the WE Africa Leadership Program offers:
- Membership in a community of passionate, experienced African women who are some of the most senior leaders in the environmental sector today
- Access to twelve months of 1:1 leadership coaching
- An opportunity to create a new leadership vision for yourself and to pursue personalized leadership development activities to realize that vision
- Monthly online sessions designed to fit around and complement your work
- Two in-person retreats for intensive community-building and personal and collective growth
The WE Africa year long transformative leadership journey is for women who meet the following criteria:
- African nationals, current citizens of a country in Africa, or those who have had permanent residency in Africa for a minimum of 15 years
- A minimum of 15 years of experience working in the environmental space in government, NGO, or private sector in Africa including at least 5 years serving in a senior leadership role*
- A commitment to investing in your personal growth and participation for the full 12-month program
- A record of mentorship and desire to support future environmental leaders
- Access to reliable internet
- Able to speak and understand English conversationally
- A commitment to: 1) contribute USD $500 toward the cost of the course to secure your place; and 2) cover your travel costs to two in-person retreats for an estimated $1,500. Together your contribution represents approximately 15% of the course value.**
Important: This Application Form contains a short series of questions including both written and video responses:
- Written Response questions have a response limit of 1,000 characters including spaces. To avoid connection issues with the website and losing your responses, you might draft your responses into a word processing file and then copy them into this form when complete.
- Video Response questions will require you to record and submit a short video response. Your video responses should be no longer than 2 minutes each. Your videos do not need to be very formal or professional quality; we only need to be able to see and hear you clearly. You may use your phone camera to record your videos if desired.
- All application responses must be in English.
Our Commitment to Confidentiality: All information submitted as part of this application process will be reviewed confidentially by a diverse review panel including current WE Africa team members and African and international advisors. Your information will be kept secure, and will not be shared outside of the review team. The 20 finalists will be selected via a rigorous review rubric based on suitability and diversity.