Deadline: 3rd March 2023
WastePlan & SmartMatta SHEQ Internship Program 2023 (Johannesburg) – R5000 per month
Are you a recent Health and Safety graduate with strong administration skills? If so, an exciting opportunity for a SHEQ Intern has opened with WastePlan & SmartMatta!
Assist the SHEQ Officer in informing and empowering members of the management team, employees, and others within the organisation on how to recognise hazards and minimise risks. Create, maintain and improve the health, safety, environmental and quality standards within the workplace.
- Assist in maintaining and administering the Wasteplan and SmartMatta health, safety and environment systems and databases
- Assist in completing incident and investigation reports and ensure that all relevant stakeholders are updated on the above matters
- Assist in conducting internal SHEQ audits / risk assessments and inspections
- Assist in coordinating health and safety training and development as required (including toolbox talks, safety and quality briefings)
- Provide support in the development of SHEQ standards, systems and procedures
- Ensure that safety files are completed and up to date for each site
- Assist with the ordering of PPE, maintaining of the PPE stores and the issuing out PPE to employees
- Assist in establishing a health and safety committee
- Assist the Covid-19 Compliance Officer in the management of Covid-19 reporting as well as Covid-19 management in the workplace
- Any other duties that may be required for the efficient running of the SHEQ department
- Assist in maintaining licences, permits and ISO Certifications
- Grade 12 with a qualification in Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
- Strong administration skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications
Employment will be implemented in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Only Applicants being considered for the role will be contacted.