Deadline: June 11, 2022, 11:59pm WAT.
Vazi Legal Summer Internship Program 2022 – (Nigeria, United States, Kenya, UK & South Africa)
Applications are now open for the Vazi Legal Summer Internship Program 2022. Vazi Legal Business Attorneys is Africa’s top innovation driven law firm that represents investors, startups, and technology enabled enterprises at all stages of development.
As a startup and also as investors ourselves, we understand the different areas you might experience legal hiccups and we will love to help.
Our team members are qualified in multiple jurisdictions and have so far worked with investors and startups in five different continents. We work through a tight network of multi-jurisdictional qualified lawyers based in Lagos, London, New York, Johannesburg and Nairobi.
Available Opportunities: Vazi Legal Summer Internship Program 2022
1. 2022 Summer Cohort of our bi-annual internship program
Vazi Legal is excited to announce that the 2022 Summer Cohort of our bi-annual internship program is now open!
Our internship program is fully remote and is specially designed by our Partners and Associates to help you launch your career as a lawyer focused on technology startups.
Applications are open to final-year law students, law school students, and recent graduates looking to gain insights into the work of our amazing clients. Also, graduates with less than two (2) years of experience can apply.
To apply, click HERE. Applications close on Saturday, June 11, 2022.
2. Social Media Manager
- At least 1 year of professional social media management experience
- Proficient using multi-social posting programs, Hootsuite, planable.io
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites
- General knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and internet ranking for web content
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals.
- Management of Vazi Legal pages on Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, and Blog.
- Campaign planning and management.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences.
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics and suggest content optimization.
- Create, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos, and news).
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures, and blog layout).
- Content strategy; Content creation for the company page on each social platform.
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications.
- Measure the success of every social media campaign, Promotion, and Competition
If you are interested in applying for this role, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
3. Vazi Legal Business Attorneys is seeking a qualified attorney with a passion for the Web3 space. The Associate’s work will focus on Decentralized Finance, Cryptocurrency regulation, and Emerging Technologies.
We see ourselves as not just advisers but as partners to our clients – and they love us for it. Just ask around!
If you are looking for a new way to use your law degree while building expertise in an exciting area of legal practice, then this might be a perfect opportunity for you.
Although we have offices in Nigeria and the US, Vazi Legal is 100% remote, so you can work with us from anywhere. We are particularly interested in candidates qualified to practice law in Nigeria or Kenya for this role. We plan to hire in more jurisdictions as the team expands.
We do not micromanage, so if you are a self-starter and have learned to follow your curiosity, you’ll thrive in this role.
We love lawyers who have dedicated interests outside the law as it contributes immensely to the diversity and balance of our team.
- Showing up as your best self on most days. You are human; we don’t expect you to be a superstar every day.
- Review, draft, negotiate and interpret a variety of agreements to support the firm’s Web3 related business, including but not limited to software, technology and data licensing agreements, as well as purchasing/vendor contracts and other complex agreements related to the company’s domestic and international operations.
- Provide ongoing and proactive strategic advice regarding operational and financial business risks and counsel on contract interpretation and regulatory compliance.
- Draft and revise complex key legal documents in connection with significant domestic and cross-border transactions, including M&A agreements, stock purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, and limited liability company agreements, and prepare issues lists.
- Maintain compliance of corporate transactions with domestic regulations imposed by regulatory bodies.
- Work closely with the firm on strategic initiatives, providing advice and counsel on various legal matters that may arise out of any client’s business, including IP, privacy, and regulatory issues, without limitation.
- Provide guidance on emerging technologies as they relate to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- Advise diverse clients, including start-ups, venture capital funds, angel investing groups, and institutional investors.
- Publish legally relevant articles on the evolution of the Web3 space.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience as an attorney in corporate and business law. We are kinda serious about this.
- We have a preference for candidates with knowledge of and interest in disruptive technology and prior experience working with high-growth tech companies. Excitement and passion about the future of Crypto and technology in the law space are required. If you aren’t excited about the space please do not apply
- Above-average understanding of the Web3 space, particularly Blockchain technology and Cryptocurrencies. Our interviews will be technical, so this is a requirement that cannot be bypassed.
- We do not really care about your Excel proficiency, so feel free to take it out of your resume. However, you should be comfortable with using team communication tools such as Airtable, Notion, Loom, Slack, and ClickUp.
- We love people who write. So if you have at least one published article about the space, that would be great!
If you are interested in applying for this role, please let us know HERE.