Deadline: June 30, 2022.
Valent Biosciences Travel Award 2022 to attend the 8th PAMCA Annual Conference & Exhibition
Valent BioSciences announces a call for applications for Travel Award to attend the 8th PAMCA Annual Conference & Exhibition up to a maximum of $ 3000 per award. The award will cover the cost of the cheapest return airfare from the applicant’s country in Africa to Rwanda and back, accommodation costs, conference registration fees, visa application fees where applicable, COVID tests, and subsistence stipend for the three-day duration of the conference. Through this award, Valent BioSciences hopes to help protect human potential by providing the future leaders of vector control with the opportunity to attend important educational and networking events.
Valent Biosciences, LLC, is a global leader in public health vector control. Valent Biosciences has been working for decades to develop the most comprehensive range of biorational solutions for public health professionals who protect people around the world from vector-borne diseases and nuisance mosquitoes.
Eligibility for the Valent Biosciences Travel Award 2022
- This Travel Award specifically targets students and young investigators with demonstrated interest in integrated mosquito management solutions.
- The Applicants must be registered PAMCA members with valid PAMCA membership for the current year of application.
- Applicants must have submitted an abstract for the 8th PAMCA Annual Conference.
- Applicants who did not submit an abstract but would wish to be considered for this travel award can get in touch with PAMCA directly on the email [email protected] for special consideration.
Applicants are invited from:
- Students (bachelors, master, PhD)
- Young investigators/early career professionals in all areas of entomology/vector control
- The Travel Awards will only be available to the listed category of applicants from all mosquito-borne disease-endemic African countries
- Applicant information
- PAMCA membership: please indicate your membership ID
- Abstract submission: please indicate whether you have submitted an abstract to the 8th
- PAMCA Annual Conference & Exhibition, please include the abstract ID, title, and the abstract text
- Conference travel costs: please provide an itemized cost of the conference travel (e.g., return
- airfare costs, accommodation, subsistence, COVID Test if needed, etc)
- Application starts on June 14, 2022. All applications must be received by midnight of June 30, 2022, EAT. All applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
Applicant fulfils all the eligibility criteria
- Duly filled and completed application form
- Annual Conference & Exhibition Sept 2022 (Page 1 of 2) (office.com)
- Abstract has been submitted to PAMCA for the 8th Annual Conference & Exhibition
- Abstract is within scope of VBC work