Deadline for submission: 15 July, 2022.
University of the Philippines Diliman BA-MA Political Science (Honors) Program 2022
The call for applications for University of the Philippines Diliman BA-MA Political Science (Honors) Program 2022 is now open for eligible students interested in an academic career in Political Science to apply before the deadline date (15 July, 2022). The BA-MA Honors (Political Science) program is a 5-year program of accelerated study intended for students interested in an academic career in Political Science.
Students are admitted into the program after their second year in the BA (Political Science) program. They are then expected to complete the BA Honors component of the BA-MA program within two years before completing the MA Honors component within one additional year. In the process, students will be required to take four readings courses (POLSC 140 series) in place of taking the comprehensive exams required under the regular MA (Political Science) program in addition to the requirements of the regular BA (Political Science) program. They will also begin taking graduate level classes during their fourth year.
Lastly, BA-MA Honors students are expected to complete both an undergraduate and graduate thesis in their fourth and fifth years respectively.
Eligibility for the University of the Philippines Diliman BA-MA Political Science (Honors) Program
Eligible applicants for the BA-MA Honors program are students who…
- Are currently enrolled in the BA (Political Science) program
- Have a General Weighted Average (GWA) of 1.75 or better
- Have never incurred a grade of 4.0 or 5.0
- Have enrolled in at least 15 units each semester while in UP, and
- Have completed at least 63 units credited under BA (Political Science) curriculum at the time of application.
Documents to Prepare
- Letter of Intent to Shift to the BA-MA Political Science (Honors) Program (addressed to the Department Chair)
- Certificate of General Weighted Average (requested from the CSSP Office of the College Secretary)
Email Submission of Documents
Subject Header: 2022 BA-MA POLSC (H) Application (Last Name, First Name)
Submit to [email protected]
cc: [email protected], [email protected]
11 July, 5:00 PM: BA-MA (H) Orientation
15 July: Deadline of Applications
18-22 July: Department Evaluation
25-29 July: Release of Results and BA-MA (H) Interview Week