Deadline: 21 April 2023
Transport Education Training Authority (TETA) Job Advert 2023
Transport Education Training Authority (TETA) is looking for a Supply Chain Managment Administrator. Only applicants who meet the minimum requirements should apply!
Administrator: Supply Chain Management
Package: Market Related
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Customer Relations
- Resolve Payment and delivery time queries from stakeholders.
- Advise internal stakeholders on SCM policies and procedures.
- Assist end users on inventory requisitioning.
- Attend to audit queries from internal and external auditors.
- Receive ordered goods (checking correctness in terms of price quoted, quantity, quality, packaging, etc.)
- Ensure that invoices are date stamped when received, captured and that the Invoice Control Register is updated.
- After Invoice Capture and registration in the Invoice Control Register, process Invoices to Finance for payment.
Competitive Bidding Process
- Assist with compiling/drafting Terms of Reference for procurement of goods and services.
- Receive and process approved motivations/submissions and terms of references for bids/tenders for goods and services.
- Assist in the scheduling of Bid Specification Committee (BSC) and Disposal meetings.
- Compile the BSC Minutes and circulate to members for any corrections.
- Advertise bids on the eTender, TETA website and print media.
- Submit bid Files to the Procurement Officer for bid evaluation processes.
- Handle advertisement of received bids and winning bids on TETA website and eTender.
Selection of Vendors and Service Providers
- Ensure all utilised service providers are registered with the Central Supplier Database.
- Ensure that appointed service providers are tax compliant.
Contract Management Support
5.1. Assist with contract management and service providers’ performance.
5.2. Assist in the drafting of Supplier/Service Provider Contracts.
Supply Chain Performance Management
- Ensure maintenance of effective inventory and disposal management systems.
- Ensure that the Excel Spread-sheet for inventory stock items is continuously updated (Issues / Receipts).
- Assist with the validation of identified obsolete, redundant and unserviceable assets for disposal.
Quotations for Goods and Services
- Administer the process of quotation, evaluation and selection of suppliers.
- Capture all quotations received in the RFP System.
- Perform supplier selection process.
- Purchase Order Management.
- Follow up with the service providers to confirm receipt of the PO and possible delivery date.
- Ensure Purchase Orders are captured in the EFP System for all tender awards.
Transit Function Management
- Receive ordered goods (checking correctness in terms of price quoted, quantity, quality, packaging, etc.).
- Ensure that stock and groceries are reasonably stored.
- Inventory Management
- Manage stock levels for Grocery and Stationery.
- Issue stock per requisition forms to end users.
- At most ensure that quarterly stock counts are conducted and that the Stock Control Spreadsheets are updated and submitted to the Procurement Officer for reporting to SCM Manager and the CFO.
- Identify and investigate all discrepancies and disposal items.
- Assist with the appointment of the Disposal Committee.
- Assist with the convening of the Disposal Committee sittings and record keeping.
Experience and Qualification
- M +3 qualification in Logistics/Supply Chain management or equivalent tertiary qualification.
- 3 years’ experience in public sector supply chain management environment (preferable under the Public Finance Management Act environment).
- Public sector experience is non-negotiable.
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge and Understanding of:
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant and applicable SCM best practices as incorporated into the SCM field and legislation.
- Extensive business process design and implementation experience inclusive of workflow aspects.
- Demonstrable experience of balancing urgent business needs with legislation and internal controls.
- Work experience in the public sector in all aspects of supply chain management.
- A comprehensive understanding of internal controls in an SCM context.
- Strong, influential leadership and supervisory skills including providing advice on supply chain management related matters.
- Demonstrate track record of delivering projects on time, within budget, up to an agreed standard whilst nurturing and fostering excellent relationships.
- Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Presentation, communication and writing skills.
- Consultation and negotiation skills.
- Leadership and interpersonal relations.
- Planning, monitoring and reporting skills.
- Sound judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Project management skills.
- Effective stakeholder management.
Only applicants who meet the minimum requirements should apply by forwarding their detailed CV and cover letter on www.teta.org.za.
All applicants will be considered in terms of TETA Employment Equity Plan. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). The closing date for applications is Friday, 21 April 2023.
Should you not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.