Deadline: 1st April 2022.
The Alpine Fellowship Writing Prize 2022 for all Nationalities– up to £10,000 cash prize
Applications are now open for the Alpine Fellowship Writing Prize 2022. The Alpine Fellowship is a charitable foundation that supports, commissions and showcases artists, writers, academics and playwrights at all stages of their careers. They are committed to discovering emerging talent, to disseminating new ideas and to sharing thoughts about art, literature and philosophy. All their work is built around their symposium – an annual gathering of artists, philosophers, writers and academics at which we encourage like-minded individuals to share expertise and knowledge with those from a diverse array of creative and intellectual professions.
- First prize – £10,000 cash prize
- Second prize – £3,000 cash prize
- Third prize – £2,000
Eligibility for the Alpine Fellowship Writing Prize 2022
- Open to all nationalities and to anyone aged 18 and above.
- All entries must be written in English.
- Submissions must be standalone and cannot be extracts from a larger piece.
- Poetry must be submitted to the Alpine Fellowship Poetry Prize. Poetry submissions to the Writing Prize will be considered ineligible.
- Applicants can enter more than one prize in a single year, but it MUST be with different pieces of work. One piece of work can only be entered once.
- All genres permitted.
- A maximum of 2,500 words per entry.
- Limited to one entry per person.
- Text must not have been published, self-published or accepted for publication in print or online, or have won or been placed in another competition at any time (including the Alpine Fellowship Academic Writing Prize).
- Due to the volume of applications the judges decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into following the results.
- Submissions will be judged anonymously, so please ensure that your name does not appear anywhere on your work.
How to apply
interested candidates should click here to apply