Deadline: 15th August 2022.
Teach with CHINAR Fellowship Program 2022 (12000 to 15000 INR Monthly)
The Teach with CHINAR fellowship is a two-year fellowship program with a mission to create a cadre of leaders who will not only teach but will also work toward school transformations and personal development.
The aim is to uplift low-resourced schools (government and/or private) through meaningful stakeholder engagements to provide quality education to children and improve the overall school ecosystem. The fellowship focuses on school system restructuring so that schools becomes process-driven child-friendly spaces. This shall be achieved by following CHINAR’s school transformation programs which include conducting a comprehensive 360-degree review of the school to identify gaps and opportunities for school improvement. The overall goal is to transform the school and make it self-sustainable after a period of 4-years.
The fellows will also be required to teach the same grade for two consecutive years during the fellowship period. After graduating from the fellowship, the same grade shall be passed on to a new fellow who shall take it forward for another two years. During the course of the fellowship, CHINAR will support the fellows in their personal transformation journey along with providing them mentorship and capacity building to fulfill the requirements of the fellowship.
The fellowship focuses on regular engagement and capacity building of teachers, school leadership, and the community. The fellow shall engage students in a creative learning ecosystem and follow a student-centric approach while teaching. They will also be responsible for forming committees like the school management and parent committees which will be key in making the schools self-reliant.
CHINAR International is a social impact organization that brings education, health, and opportunities to orphans, widows, children, and youth living in conflict areas, so they can survive, thrive, and reach their full potential. CHINAR International is working in the education space for the last 10 years and currently, CHINAR is working on school transformation, community learning center (Safe spaces for children), and Teach with CHINAR fellowship program.
Fellowship stipend – 12000 to 15000 INR Monthly
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review the overall school ecosystem and identify gaps, analyze the data and develop a comprehensive school report. This report shall provide key inputs to the school transformation plan (STP) to be developed in collaboration with the school management.
- Coordinate training sessions with school leaders, teachers, and parents based on STP
- Support the teachers to do the classroom observation, provide feedback and help them to build their smart goals and objectives.
- Manage & support groups of school teachers and leaders to achieve positive outcomes in their school
- Gather data on student learning and teacher proficiency and support the core team for report writing
- Assist the project coordinator with the planning, information flow, and reporting of the field-level operations in the designated school.
- Regularly assess teacher performance, needs, and eventual gaps during project implementation and suggest corrective measures under the supervision of the project coordinator.
- Supervise data collection, and prepare timely and accurate project progress reports (weekly and monthly) as required.
- Conduct baseline and end-line monitoring and evaluation surveys as requested.
- Ensure creation of School management committees and/or Village Education committees.
- Demonstrated integrated teaching techniques and creative lesson planning using activity-based learning methods
- Experience in the development of creative teaching learning material (TLM) and knowledge about child-centric teaching approaches.
- Flexible, open to change, and willing to take on additional responsibilities.
- Well-versed with the latest technologies and applications for online meeting platforms.
- Good command of the English language (both oral and written) and a good communicator with good report writing skills
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2 years of on-ground experience working with children in a classroom·
- Understanding of pedagogy, teaching approaches, & creative learning content development
- Skills: Planning, coordination, creativity, problem-solving, leadership, and multitasking.
- Computer skills – Word and Excel and Email
- Proficiency in English, Kashmiri, and Urdu language
- Online application form (Shortlist applicants for next round )
- Performance task (Shortlist applicants for the final round)
- Calls for interview
- Final section list