Deadline: September 23, 2022.
Teach Like A Champion (TLAC) Fellowship 2022-2023 Cohort 3 – (up to $10,000)
The Teach Like A Champion (TLAC) Fellowship 2022-2023 Cohort 3 is now open to applications. The Teach Like a Champion Fellowship is designed to recognize, support, and develop outstanding classroom teachers. By providing an opportunity for champion teachers to grow professionally while remaining in the classroom, we will increase our collective understanding of great teaching while celebrating the craft of these exemplary teachers.
The past two years have required teachers to adapt to an ever-changing educational landscape, and students have returned to in-person school with increasingly urgent learning needs. Across the country and around the world, schools are struggling to attract and keep top teachers in classrooms. The TLAC Fellowship presents a unique and timely opportunity to provide development and recognition to incentivize great teachers to continue their work in the classroom.
- To honor and invest in top teachers and offer them a career development option that recognizes the importance of remaining in the classroom
- To strengthen the quality of teaching in participating schools, districts, and/or networks by supporting and developing champion teachers who can model excellence in day-to-day teaching
- To learn more about TLAC techniques and the craft of teaching via the experiences of top teachers across subjects and grade levels
- To develop video clips of champion teachers using TLAC techniques which can be used to improve teacher training around the world
Cohort 3 Details:
- The program will run from December 2022-December 2024, for which Fellows must remain in the classroom.
- The first 18 months will involve active programming (bi-monthly remote and some in-person meetings with the team, classroom filming, video analysis, etc.) and the final 6 months will be an independent project.
- Fellows will receive a $10,000 stipend (paid over the course of two years, provided that Fellows remain in the classroom and complete the independent project).
- Written responses to short answers
- Recommendation from school leader
- Video of instruction (10 minutes)
- Video interview with members of Team TLAC for semi-finalists
- Immersion Day for finalists (with options for in-person or remote)
- Download the fellowship description and application materials here:
- Submit your school leader’s contact information here.
- The application submission window is open from Monday, August 15-Friday, September 23, 2022.