TANZANIA EMERGING YOUTH AWARDS (TEYA) AND YOUTH INNOVATION CHALLENGE AWARD- 2022
Tanzania Emerging Youth Awards (TEYA) is an annual youth event that aims at raising youth’s profile, building capacity, and highlighting the contribution they make towards developing a fairer, sustainable, peaceful, and prosperous future for the United Republic of Tanzania. TEYA gives national recognition and support to young women and men aged 15 -35 who have demonstrated the capacity and potential to make positive contributions to their communities, nations, and globally in finding sustainable solutions.
This year, TEYA initiatives under Africa Youth Transformation (AYT) in collaboration with Save the Children is launching a Youth Innovation Challenge along with the Tanzania Emerging Youth Awards. We are looking for Youth and/or Child-Focused Civil Society organizations and Youth Owned businesses that are using innovative approaches to finding sustainable solutions in specific identified areas. The Youth Innovative Challenge aim to support the youth to scale up their initiatives, increase their visibility, and network with a pool of like-minded stakeholders, partners, and peers.
Awards for the TANZANIA EMERGING YOUTH AWARDS (TEYA) AND YOUTH INNOVATION CHALLENGE AWARD- 2022
AYT and Save the Children are calling for applications for Youth and/or Children Focused Civil Society Organizations and Youth Owned businesses from Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. The TEYA award will follow the public nomination in the selected categories while the Youth Innovation Challenge Award will follow the application and presentation of ideas in the identified categories. Additionally, the winners will take part in the mentorship and capacity development support after the awards. Awards will be decided on the basis of;
i. Level of Impact in the specified area
ii. Level of innovation/approaches to problem-solving.
iii. Quality and quantitative level of achievement.
iv. Quality of the evidence provided.
vi. Contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals
General Qualification Requirement
- Citizen of the United Republic of Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar
- Individuals/entities/organizations can nominate themselves to accurately describe their development/ innovative work.
- The winners must agree to take part in publicity generated by the AYT and the awards committee.
Thematic Categories and Criteria for Application for Youth Innovative Challenge Award.
1. Youth and/or Children Focused Civil Society Organization
- Health –specifically on Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights.
- Climate change and Environmental Sustainability
- Child Protection
- The organization must be operational for not less than 12 months.
- Must submit either a certificate of registration or an endorsement letter from the district authority confirming their existence and operation.
- Must be working on an initiative that has an impact for children and/or young people
2. Youth Owned Business
- Green business – businesses that are climate change sensitive
- Health – Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights
- Tech startups that are beneficial to children and/or youth
- The business must be owned by young people aged between 18-28 years of age .
- It must be registered in Tanzania
How to Apply
Interested individuals who meet the criteria should fill in the online form either in Swahili or English below to choose the awarding area of the category they are intending to apply.
Click HERE to fill the form