Deadline: 27 April 2023 at 23:59 CET
Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) STEM Technical Traineeship Programme 2023
Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) is an international organization working with leaders in government, the private sector and civil society to drive further, faster action toward achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 7 (SDG7), which calls for universal access to sustainable energy by 2030, and the Paris Agreement, which calls for reducing greenhouse gas emissions to limit climate warming to well below 2° Celsius (and striving for 1.5° Celsius).
Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) is looking to recruit 8 recent graduates: 4 per country over a 6-month period. The training and work shadow programme is aimed at training youth to prepare them for careers in the sustainable energy sector. The training will be carried out through a series of workshops, participation in key tasks and by shadowing SEforALL staff in-country.
The traineeship will focus on the following areas:
- Themes: Energy Access and Energy Transition
- Energy solutions: Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- Energy services: Clean Cooking, Cooling for All, Powering Healthcare
- Enabling approaches: Energy Finance, International Relations, Policies,
- Intelligence approaches: Research, Energy Modelling, Communications
- Professional development: Leadership, Networking, Stakeholder Engagement
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must be 18-35 years of age.
- To support bringing “Women at the Forefront”, female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- A recent Bachelors or Master’s degree (within the past 2 years) in a STEM field (e.g., sciences, renewable energy, engineering, or related area).
- Have 1-3 years of professional experience in energy, climate, engineering or similar field.
- Must demonstrate completion of technical courses related to the topics covered in the programme as highlighted above.
- Highly professional, punctual, and willing and able to learn new skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Must be available for the entire duration of the training programme.
- Must currently reside in Ghana or Kenya respectively and be a national or legal resident.
Core Competencies for the Role
- Professionalism and Personal Leadership: Demonstrates and safeguards ethics and integrity. Demonstrates corporate knowledge, self-development and initiative-taking. Ability to work in a multi-cultural and international environment based on mutual respect and tolerance. Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion and tact in handling sensitive issues. Willingness to “get the job” done with a positive attitude to take on a wide range of tasks.
- Planning and Organization: Identifies priority activities and assignments. Adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently and is able to work to deadlines and maintain effectiveness under pressure. Excellent organizational and task management skills, with appropriate attention to details and ability to prioritize work among multiple competing demands, and under tight deadlines. Ability to manage multiple workflows at the same time. Proactive approach to managing workflow, with keen ability to multi-task and respond quickly and flexibly to a wide range of issues, some of which come up in ad hoc and unexpected ways.
- Communication and Teamwork: Excellent communication skills and proven drafting ability; ability to develop relationships, foster collaboration within the team and with other stakeholders, develop presentations, draft speaking notes, prepare meeting briefs and advocate for viewpoints.
- Analysis and Creativity: Demonstrated excellent analytical skills that can be applied to gather data, analyze and generate knowledge relevant to decision-making functions. Ability to summarize and present key-findings. Share knowledge and show initiative to improve existing practices.
- Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of relevant available technology; understands applicability and limitations of technology in the context of sustainable development; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate.
Please make sure that your application includes the following information and documents:
- A detailed CV (attached to your application online)
- We recommend candidates include a cover letter on why they should be considered for the opportunity (attached to your application online)
Terms and conditions: The SEforALL Traineeship is designed to provide a training opportunity complemented by on-the-job learning, as opposed to a typical SEforALL internship. Trainees will be provided with a fixed stipend to facilitate participation in the programme. Trainees will remain fully responsible for bearing all their costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses connected to their traineeship.