Deadline: June 13, 2022.
Soil Science Society of America (SSSA) & U.S. Committee for Soil Science (USNC/SS) World Congress of Soil Science Fellowship Program 2022
SSSA and USNC/SS World Congress of Soil Science Travel Award.
The Soil Science Society of America and U.S. Committee for Soil Science (USNC/SS), a committee of the National Academy of Sciences which represents all U.S. soil scientists to the International Union of Soil Sciences, announces the World Congress of Soil Science Fellowship. This program will provide fellowships to SSSA members who are soil science graduate students or post-doctoral researchers presenting papers (oral or poster) at the 22nd quadrennial World Congress of Soil Science of the International Union of Soil Sciences (IUSS), July 31-August 5, 2022 in Glasgow, Scotland. Award recipients must be SSSA members as of March 15, 2022.
Thank you to the Agronomic Science Foundation for their sponsorship of this travel award.
Nominations Opened: May 26, 2022 – 12:00 PM CDTAdd to calendar
Nominations Initiated by: Jun 13, 2022 – 9:59 PM CDTAdd to calendar
1 Reference Letters and Final Nomination Submission by: Jun 13, 2022 – 9:59 PM CDTAdd to calendar
Reference Letter max characters: 3000
The program will be open to SSSA graduate student members and post-doctoral researchers (within two years of graduating) whose abstracts have been accepted for presentation at the 22nd World Congress of Soil Science. The availability of the travel awards will be announced through the SSSA Newsflash, USNC/SS websites, and through direct e-mail correspondence with students whose abstracts have been accepted for presentation at the 22nd WCSS. Members of diverse groups will be strongly encouraged to apply.
Travel awards will be provided up to $1,500 per person for up to 15 individuals. In addition, a pre-congress Zoom meeting will be arranged for the students to meet, ask questions, and prepare for the Congress. In addition, the fellowship will include a dinner with a group of experienced members/leaders and an informal breakfast for the students to encourage networking.
Eligibility for the Soil Science Society of America (SSSA) & U.S. Committee for Soil Science (USNC/SS) World Congress of Soil Science Fellowship Program 2022
View Award Committee members
View SSSA Board of Directors
View Past Recipients
- Applicants must be current SSSA Members.
- Applicants must be enrolled in M.S., Ph.D. at a U.S. university, or up to two years post-doc.
- Applicant must be the first author of an accepted paper (oral or poster) to be presented at the Congress.
- Members of this SSSA Awards Committee and the SSSA Board of Directors are not eligible to be a reference for this award.
- Name of your academic institution
- What is you emphasis of study?
- Are you currently working toward a MS or PhD or doing a Post Doc?
- What is your current GPA?
- What is the title of the paper you will presenting at WCSS?
- Please outline your financial plan for attending the meeting.
Include other sources of funding available to cover these costs and the amount still needed to travel to Scotland (Character Limit, including spaces: 3000)
- Please upload your CV.
1 page preferred.
- Text of Accepted Abstract
(Character Limit, including spaces: 1500)
- Describe how receiving this award would assist your academic experiences and career development.
(Character Limit, including spaces: 2500)