Deadline: 31st July 2022
Sauti za Busara Music Festival 2023 for Africans, Arab World & Indian Ocean Region – 20th season
The Sauti za Busara 20th season music festival is set to shake the walls of Stone Town, Zanzibar during 9 – 12 February 2023.
Sauti za Busara showcases unique and diverse music, primarily from the African Continent and diaspora. Musicians representing the Arab World and Indian Ocean region are also welcome to apply.
Preference is given to:
- Unique music with cultural identity that is connected to Africa, the Arab World and Indian Ocean
- Women artists, or groups led by women
- Young, new and emerging talents
- Music with messages that are positive, relevant and useful to society
- Music that is performed ‘100% live’!
Music In Africa profile link
Music In Africa (www.musicinafrica.net) is the leading information and exchange platform for African artists. A Music In Africa profile acts as an EPK (Electronic Press Kit); if you keep this updated with latest audio and video releases, it will greatly enhance your global visibility and possibly lead to bookings beyond Sauti za Busara. To support your application consider uploading your profile to the Music In Africa portal and paste a link to this below.
REGISTER HERE to upload your profile to Music in Africa portal.
Requirements for Sauti za Busara Music Festival 2023
To apply to participate, please send all documents as listed below. Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline will not be considered.
All below supporting documents must be clearly labeled and uploaded on WeTransfer/dropbox/google drive and the link/s should be put into application form fields.
- Application form*
- Link to Artist’s profile on the Music In Africa portal (optional)
- Latest audio (MP3) release* (maximum 2 songs)
- Latest video (MP4) of live performance* (maximum 2 clips )
- 2 promotional photos* (high-resolution)
- Stage Plan and Technical Rider (if available)
If selected, Sauti za Busara will cover the following expenses for participating artists (+ 1 crew member):
- Modest honorarium, aka performance fee
- Per-diems, for meals and incidentals
- Accommodation in Zanzibar
- All local transport related to the performance
- Tanzanian visa costs
- Festival passes, including access to all shows for the duration of the event
- Invitations to Movers & Shakers (networking for professionals), press conferences and other events
- Artist’s profile in festival programmes, press releases, website and social media platforms.
The selection committee meets in August to finalise the line-up for Sauti za Busara 2023. Applicants will be notified of outcomes before September. Artists from outside the region are usually required to find their own travel sponsors.