Deadline: 8th April, 2022.
Roma Graduate Preparation Program (RGPP) 2022/2023
Applications are now for the 2022 Roma Graduate Preparation Program (RGPP). The Roma Graduate Preparation Program (RGPP) is an intensive 10-month program that prepares outstanding Roma graduates with an interest in social sciences and humanities to compete for places on Master’s-level courses at internationally recognized universities.
The RGPP prepares students for further studies in their chosen field through intensive academic tutoring in disciplines such as Economics, Gender Studies, History, International Relations and European Studies, Law/Human Rights, Nationalism, Political Science, Public Policy and Public Administration, or Sociology, Social Anthropology and Nationalism Studies (additional disciplines may be offered).
It raises their English to a level necessary for post-graduate study through intensive English language training, and also provides them with post-graduate level academic writing, critical thinking and study skills.
Participants in the program gain first-hand experience of the core degree programs of CEU, through the auditing of CEU Master’s level classes.
Students are also engaged in critical debates regarding the political, economic and social condition and status of Roma through seminars that combine the study of history and identity with recent developments in the politics of governing Roma communities in the region.
In order to be considered eligible for RGPP, you must meet the following criteria:
1. RGPP is an intensive, 10-month, non-degree program that prepares Roma students to compete for merit-based places in English-language master’s degree programs. We are committed to ensuring equal access to higher education for Roma. We seek applicants who openly declare themselves as Roma and are interested in social sciences and humanities.
2. Candidates should preferably come from one of the following countries: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Kosovo, Lithvania, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine. Applicants from countries other than the ones listed will be considered.
3. You are required to have a university degree (Bachelor diploma), preferably in social sciences or humanities completed by the given deadline. Please also note that you must present your degree to CEU prior to the start of your RGPP studies.
4. You are required to have at least intermediate English (B1) language skills (no need for certificate).
5. You are required to have a strong interest in studying at graduate university level and wish to apply to English-language master’s degree programs as well as possess strong leadership capacity and skills.
6. You have a sincere interest to study in a multicultural and international environment.
Important: The program prepares you to compete for merit-based places in English-language masters’ degree programs. However, RGPP does not guarantee that you will be accepted into an MA program at CEU or any other university.