Deadline: 15 July 2022 at 1600 hours CAT
Research Council of Zimbabwe (RCZ) Master’s Scholarship Programme 2022 for Zimbabwean Citizens
The Research Council of Zimbabwe (RCZ) is offering scholarships to support MPhil/Master’s by research or taught Master’s degree programs in line with the National Research Priorities (NRPs), Education 5.0, and National Development Strategy 1 (NDS1). Zimbabwe considers education as a key element for sustainable development and achievement of Vision 2030, which calls for the country to become a prosperous and empowered upper-middle-income country by 2030. The scholarship program aims to reward high-achieving students and invest in human capital development in these areas. RCZ anticipates that the beneficiaries from the 2022 Scholarship Programme will contribute to addressing the skills deficit through developing Zimbabwe’s knowledge economy, entrepreneurship, and technology.
The scholarship covers tuition fees only.
- Be a national and resident of Zimbabwe;
- Have a good first degree (minimum upper second class);
- Be applying for a full-time taught Masters or Masters by research or MPhil in Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, and Applied Sciences at Zimbabwean universities;
- Research addressing aspects of contemporary issues (artificial intelligence, space science, covid-19, or information communication technology) will be given special consideration; and
- The Master’s Programme chosen must be geared toward problem-solving and value creation in line with Education 5.0 and National Development Strategy 1
Application Process for the Research Council of Zimbabwe (RCZ) Master’s Scholarship Programme 2022
The application form serves as the basis for assessment. The application form can be found on the RCZ website, www.rcz.ac.zw. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete and accurate before submission. All sections of the form must be completed.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit one set of their application letters and required documents merged in continuous pdf format in the following order:
- Application Form;
- Certified scanned copy of your letter from the University;
- Personal Statement;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Undergraduate degree certificate and transcripts;
- ID document (National ID/Passport, Birth Certificate);
- Reference letters from two referees (One should be an academic reference); and
- A three-page proposal for those applying for an MPhil/ Masters by research or one page for taught Masters.
The reference letter should highlight your abilities as an applicant, demonstrate your ability to study at the required level, explain how further study will benefit you, and identify your future potential. Justification for how the study will contribute to the national vision, Education 5.0, should be provided based on the dissertation topic.