Deadline: June 3, 2022.
Pulitzer Center Rainforest Journalism Fund (RJF) Internship Program 2022 Worldwide – $2600 monthly stipend
The Pulitzer Center is seeking a remote intern for the Rainforest Journalism Fund (RJF) initiative, which enables strong, independent journalism on issues related to tropical rainforests. The intern will support the mission of the RJF by participating in publishing, communications, and research activities, working with the RJF manager (based in Bangkok) and regional coordinators (based in Brazil, Indonesia, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo). The intern’s responsibilities will primarily involve the Rainforest Journalism Fund, but there will be opportunities to learn from and collaborate across Pulitzer Center teams.
The Rainforest Journalism Fund (RJF), launched in September 2018, represents a major investment in international environmental and climate reporting. Through the Pulitzer Center, the RJF will support nearly 200 original reporting projects over five years, along with annual regional conferences designed to raise the level of reporting on global tropical rainforest issues like deforestation and climate change –leading to stories that make a difference. The RJF will support and build capacity for local and regional reporters based in the Amazon Basin, Congo Basin, and Southeast Asia, as well as international reporters working in those regions. The RJF is supported by the Norwegian International Climate and Forest Initiative (NICFI). For more information about the RJF, please see our announcement and update.
The intern will participate in publishing, communications, and research activities, working with the RJF manager and regional coordinators.
The ideal candidate must have professional/written proficiency in one or more of the RJF languages: Spanish, Portuguese, French, Bahasa Indonesia.
This is a six-month internship with a possibility for extension. The intern will receive a monthly stipend of US$2,600.
- Degree in journalism, environment, international development or related disciplines
- Professional/written proficiency in one of the RJF languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, Bahasa Indonesia)
- Demonstrated interest in global environmental issues
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Professional/written proficiency in one or more of the RJF languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, Bahasa Indonesia)
- Experience conducting research in multiple languages (either proficiency or with translation software)
- Demonstrated interest/experience in working across time zones, geographies, and cultures
- Demonstrated interest/experience in environmental journalism and/or related social or biological sciences
How To Apply for the Pulitzer Center Rainforest Journalism Fund (RJF) Internship Program 2022 Worldwide – $2600 monthly stipend
Please submit your application via Submittable. Applications require a CV/résumé, contact information for two references, two work samples, and a statement of interest (max. 500 words) Applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis, giving an advantage to early applicants.
Location: This internship is 100% remote. Candidates working from home should have stable high-speed internet access and a laptop or desktop computer with a webcam and microphone.
Compensation: $2600 monthly stipend.