Closes: June 24, 2022.
Priorities USA Targeting & Analytics Fellowship Program 2022
Want to use your analytical skills and attention-to-detail to protect and expand Democratic majorities? Interested in developing hands-on data management and statistical modeling experience, and use those skills to make a difference? Eager to support a team using innovative methods to make a difference? Join the Priorities USA Targeting & Analytics Fellowship Program 2022.
Priorities USA is a voter-centric progressive advocacy organization and service center for the grassroots progressive movement.
Priorities USA is seeking fellows who are excited to work with and learn from the Priorities USA Paid Media team as they plan, acquire, and track Priorities USA’s multi-million dollar campaign to preserve and strengthen Democratic majorities. This full-time, salaried fellowship is a thorough educational experience created to get you ready for a paid media career in the Democratic ecosystem.
The fellowship program is targeted at people from marginalized communities who have historically been underrepresented in Democratic politics and aims to remove entry barriers for digital careers. As the team at Priorities USA launches real initiatives that have a direct impact on the 2022 midterm elections, fellows will work closely with them every step of the way.
As a Targeting and Analytics Fellow, you will have the chance to:
- Participate in a training program designed to develop and teach skills needed to be a part of an analytics team.
- Create analytics products, including memos, spreadsheets, data visualizations, and powerpoints for leadership and external partners.
- Assist on qualitative research as needed (e.g. categorizing ads by creative content and copy, and tracking which organizations are spending on the midterm elections).
- Support long-term Targeting and Analytics projects (e.g. data cleaning and collection).
- Improve understanding of R, SQL, and/or Python.
- Connect with campaign professionals and develop networking and job training skills to help you succeed in the industry.
A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR THIS FELLOWSHIP SHOULD:
- Have previous experience on political campaigns, advocacy, public service or a demonstrated commitment to progressive causes and electing Democrats up and down the ticket.
- Have a desire to continue working in Progressive politics after the fellowship program concludes.
- Have an interest in learning how to use data science, programming, statistics and qualitative research to help elect Democrats.
- Have previous experience with or an interest in learning R, SQL and Python.
- Have exceptional organizational skills and a keen eye for detail. Have experience communicating with diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and bringing a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
- Be willing — and excited! — to try new things, learn from successes and mistakes, ask questions, and adapt with new and changing information, in both the digital media and electoral landscapes.
- Be at the beginning of your career—about to graduate college, just graduated, and/or less than four years in the workforce.
For consideration for this fellowship, candidates must be at least 18 years old.
Advantages for the Priorities USA Targeting & Analytics Fellowship Program 2022
- This is a paid full-time position with full benefits. Fellows must commit to working full-time (40 hours per week) at Priorities for the duration of the fellowship.
- Employer-paid health insurance, paid time off, retirement benefits, and a cell phone stipend are among the benefits. Fellows will be paid a total of $15,000 with two pay periods per month for the duration of the three-month program (an annual rate of $60,000).