Deadline: June 24, 2022.
Priorities USA 2022 Digital Advertising Fellowship Program (full-time, paid fellowship)
Applications for the Priorities USA 2022 Digital Advertising Fellowship Program are now open and will close on July 24, 2022.The Priorities USA fellowship program gives individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds technical training and hands-on professional experience while connecting fellows with post-Priorities employment opportunities to facilitate long-term career success.
The program allows Priorities USA to advance the goal of building a diverse Democratic campaign ecosystem that uses research-based digital ad campaigns to reach voters.
Priorities USA is looking for fellows who are eager to learn from and work alongside Priorities USA Paid Media team as they plan, buy, and monitor Priorities USA’s multi-million dollar campaign to protect and expand Democratic majorities. This full-time, paid fellowship is a comprehensive learning experience designed to prepare you for a career in paid media in the Democratic ecosystem.
The fellowship program seeks to address barriers to entry for digital careers and is focused on people from marginalized communities who have been historically underrepresented in Democratic politics. Fellows will work alongside Priorities USA team every step of the way as they launch actual programs that directly impact the 2022 midterm elections.
- This is a full-time, paid position with full benefits. Fellows will be expected to commit to working full-time (40 hours per week) at Priorities throughout the duration of the fellowship.
- Benefits include employer-paid health insurance, paid time off, retirement benefits, and a cell phone stipend. Fellows will be paid $15,000 total with pay periods twice per month for the duration of the 3 month program (an annual rate of $60,000).
As a Digital Advertising Fellow, you will have the chance to:
- Participate in a training program designed to teach and develop the skills needed to be a part of a paid media team.
- Plan and strategize with the media team and buyers. No prior experience with this is necessary. Fellows will learn how to put together media briefs and implement media plans for targeted digital ad campaigns that meet the strategic imperatives laid out in each race/state.
- Monitor and report on how our ad campaigns are performing and adapt campaigns in response to reporting and feedback.
- Maintain media plans, reports, budgets, and other materials to track our work in an ever-changing environment.
- Learn production, copywriting, and creative brief writing from our creative team.
- Connect with campaign professionals and develop networking and job training skills to help you succeed in the industry.
Eligibility for the Priorities USA 2022 Digital Advertising Fellowship Program (full-time, paid fellowship)
- Have previous experience with political campaigns, advocacy, public service or a demonstrated commitment to progressive causes and electing Democrats up and down the ticket.
- Have a desire to continue working in Progressive politics after the fellowship program concludes.
- Have an interest in learning how to run digital advertising campaigns.
- Have exceptional organizational skills and a keen eye for detail. Have experience communicating with diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and bringing a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
- Be willing — and excited! — to try new things, learn from successes and mistakes, ask questions, and adapt with new and changing information, in both the digital media and electoral landscapes.
- Be at the beginning of your career—about to graduate college, just graduated, and/or less than four years in the workforce.
Applicants must be 18 years or older to be considered for this fellowship.