Deadline: 29 July 2022
Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme (PESP 3) 2022-2023 for South Africans
The National Arts Council South Africa (NAC) is excited to announce a new Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme (PESP 3) 2022-2023 financial year for arts and culture.
PESP 3 aims to provide an economic stimulus to support sector initiatives that create jobs in the creative and cultural sector. It is anticipated that the funding will create employment opportunities in the sector, as well a multiplier effect in the creation of employment opportunities beyond the sector itself and forms part of the Government’s intervention to re-activate the sector to economic recovery and reconstruction (Economic Recovery and Reconstruction Plan – ERRP), post the COVID-19 pandemic devastation.
Only one application will be supported from both a natural person (individual) and a juristic person (organisation/company). Projects should demonstrate the ability to be sustainable over a period of time.
Eligibility for the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme (PESP 3) 2022-2023
- The invitation is open to practitioners who are active in the disciplines of craft, dance, literature, multidiscipline, music, theatre and visual arts, to submit their applications for project funding.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply for all types of projects such as creation, composition, workshops, showcases, exhibitions, script writing, residencies, performances and other art related activities.
- Applications presenting content in South African indigenous art forms are encouraged to apply. Proposed projects must demonstrate impact and value for the communities in which they are implemented.
The following funding thresholds apply:
- Allocation of up to R3 million (Applications must propose at least 200 job opportunities including number of artists to be employed, national footprint, capacity building, audience development, focus on youth participation and inclusion of vulnerable groups)
- Venues: Up to R2 million (Applications must propose at least 120 job opportunities including number of artists to be employed, capacity building, audience development focus and a bias on marginalised arts and vulnerable groups)
- Other projects: Up to R1 million (Applications will be assessed on the basis of the artistic merit of the project at the discretion of panel members, and should focus on youth and vulnerable groups as beneficiaries)
- Projects below R1 million (Applications will be assess on the basis of the artistic merit of the project at the discretion of panel members)
- Applications requesting more than the maximum allocation budget as indicated above will not be considered.
Applications must be submitted on or before the above mentioned deadline at 17h00. Applicants need to register and complete the online application form using the following link: https://nac.praxisgms.co.za/
Manual applications can be requested from [email protected] or by calling 011 010 8850/087 0000 683.