Deadline: July 28, 2023.
Philippine Genome Center (PGC) Training and Internship Program 2023
The Philippine Genome Center (PGC) Core Facility for Bioinformatics is inviting Filipino college students and young professionals in science and engineering for a training and internship program in bioinformatics. This will be held during the mid-year period from June 19 to July 28, 2023. Interested individuals from public and private colleges, universities, and research institutions in the Philippines are invited to apply.
All applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Minimum of 3 units in biology, molecular biology, or a related field
- Have experience in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Java, R, etc.)
- Self-motivated to study and learn about multiple disciplines
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Preferably familiar with the Unix/Linux command line environment
- Able to commit full-time during the course of the internship (approx. 240 hours total)
- Must be citizens and residents of the Philippines
Interested participants must note that the mode of implementation for the training and internship, whether virtual or onsite, has yet to be determined. In the event that it will be conducted virtually, participation will require a personal computer (laptop or desktop) with a reliable internet connection. On the other hand, onsite participation will require physical presence at the Facility throughout the duration of the program.
Accepted interns will receive training in introductory biology, genomics, and bioinformatics, and gain supervised, hands on experience doing research or infrastructure development on real bioinformatics projects. No stipend or remuneration will be provided.
All applicants are requested to provide a copy of their curriculum vitae, as well as a letter of motivation addressed to Dr. Jan Michael Yap Ph.D., Director of the Philippine Genome Center Core Facility for Bioinformatics, to be submitted through the application form linked below.