Deadline: 15th April 2023 at 5:00 p.m. GMT.
PAMCA Women in Vector Control Travel Award 2023
PAMCA is committed to building the capacity of women leaders in vector-borne diseases (VBDS) control in Africa. Specifically, PAMCA aims to achieve these goals through explicit action plans that include strengthening the role of women in VBDs control through policy and advocacy; promoting gender equality of women in the field of VBDs control; building women’s capacity through targeted training programs, networking, and collaboration; and promoting the active engagement of nonprofessional women within grassroots communities in VBDs control and elimination efforts.
To showcase the work done by women, provide a networking platform, and increase visibility, PAMCA has set aside a Women in Vector Control (WiVC) Travel Award for early career women who would like to attend and present their work during the upcoming 9th PAMCA Annual Conference and Exhibition to be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on September 17–21, 2023.
Conference and Exhibition WiVC Travel Award
PAMCA WiVC calls for applications for travel awards to attend the 9th Pan-African Mosquito Control Association Annual Conference & Exhibition. The award will cover the cost of accommodation, conference registration fees, round-trip travel (economy airfare or road) from the applicant’s country in Africa to Ethiopia and back, visa application fees where applicable, and a subsistence stipend for the duration of the conference.
This Travel Award specifically targets female students and young investigators working on vector-borne diseases in Africa. The applicants must be registered PAMCA members with valid PAMCA membership for the current year of application. Applicants must have submitted an abstract for the 9th PAMCA Annual Conference and Exhibition.
- Applicants are invited from
- Female students (Bachelor, Master, Ph.D.)
- Young female Investigators, Postdocs, Early career professionals in all areas of vector-borne diseases.
- The Travel Awards will only be available to the listed category of applicants from all vector-borne disease-endemic African countries.
Fill out the form at this link Application Form Link
- PAMCA membership: please indicate your membership ID (Priority will be given to PAMCA members)
- Abstract submission: please indicate whether you have submitted an abstract to the 9th PAMCA Annual Conference & Exhibition, please include the abstract ID, and title.
- All applications must be received by 15th April 2023 at 5:00 p.m. GMT.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Review process & Assessment Criteria
Each applicant is expected to only apply for one out of the different travel awards that PAMCA together with its funding partners have advertised for. An applicant who applies for multiple awards will be automatically disqualified.
Applicant fulfills all the eligibility criteria.
- Duly filled and completed application form.
- Abstract has been submitted to PAMCA for the 9th Annual Conference & Exihibition
- Abstract is within the scope of VBDs.
- 9th March 2023, Travel Award Applications Open Notification
- 15thApril 2023, Travel Award Applications Close at 5:00 p.m. GMT
- 31st July 2023, Notification of Travel Awards to Successful Applicants
Successful applicants will be notified of their applications by 31st July 2023, following a successful review of the applications by a joint panel of the PAMCA WiVC Committee.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Download the application document in pdf here