Deadline: 3 May 2023
ORCID Global Participation Fund (GPF) 2023
The ORCID Global Participation Fund (GPF) was established in 2022 with the purpose of providing grants to Increase Global Participation in ORCID.
ORCID’s Global Participation Fund (GPF) has been developed to remedy gaps in ORCID participation from organizations in the Global South, especially in countries with low- and lower-middle-income economies (as defined by the World Bank). In these Focus Communities” of the GPF, we aim to provide funds to: foster the development of ORCID Communities of Practice, working with local partners who can build understanding and use of ORCID in local contexts; and create and enhance technical integrations to support the realization of the benefits provided by the use of ORCID. Proposing organizations do not need to be current ORCID members.
The GPF will initially provide competitive grants under two different grant programs:
1. Grants for Community Development and Outreach to financially support:
- local partners to build ORCID Communities of Practice in Focus Community regions; and
- local outreach, training, and tech support resources for the creation and growth of ORCID consortia that serve those regions.
2. Grants for Technical Integration to financially support:
- software development to build and update ORCID integrations in open-source systems that will enable or facilitate participation in ORCID in Focus Community regions and
- the creation of technical documentation, outreach, and support for resources created through the grants.
Register to submit a grant proposal
Before you begin, be sure your organization is eligible to apply for a GPF Grant.
The first step to submit a GPF Grant proposal is to complete the registration form below. Once you do, you will be directed to log into your Applicant Portal, where you will submit your proposal for either the:
- Grant for Community Development and Outreach, or the
- Grant for Technical Integration
You only need to register once: you will be able to submit proposals from your Applicant Portal in subsequent proposal cycles with the same account.
We will review your proposal after the current call for proposals window closes on 3rd May 2023. We expect to notify applicants about the status of their proposal in early July 2023.
If you need to make any additions or edits to your proposal before 3rd May 2023—regardless of whether you’ve submitted your proposal or saved it in draft form—you can access your materials directly from this applicant portal. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at [email protected].
This form registers you into our grant system and collects general information about you (as the main contact person for the proposal/s,) and the organization that would receive the grant if one is awarded.
Already registered? Log into your Applicant Portal