Deadline: 15th August 2022
Open Skies Fellowship Program 2022 for Tanzanians
Open Skies Fellowship is a fellowship program led by OpenMap Development Tanzania in collaboration with Uhurulabs and the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team, designed to support youth and give them a chance and responsibility to gain social technological skills to leverage their potential to solve community challenges using technology. The program will operate in 3 countries: Tanzania, Rwanda, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, recruiting 40 fellows in 4 cohorts from all the countries. The first cohort will recruit fellows from Tanzania and then scale up to the other two countries. The fellowship program uses drones as an anchor technology, as they connect to a broad array of technologies and skills. Fellows can focus on any emerging technology they are passionate about, and they will have access to the resources and mentorship they need to guide them through their fellowship.
- Learn! Develop skills in technology!
- Carry out a project in a community that addresses local needs
- Give a workshop at a local high school to share your knowledge
- Make time to speak with other Fellows, your mentor, and the Open Skies team
- Adhere to our Code of Conduct – respect and treat others with kindness
- Join a dynamic group of young people engaged in technology
- Be paired with a mentor who will offer support throughout your fellowship
- Receive a modest stipend that will be paid in installments over five months
- Have access to a technology loan that you can use to purchase equipment
Factors to be selected as fellow
- Passion for technology
- A specific idea for how it will help a community
- Past portfolio, projects, experiences