Deadline: 17th July 2022.
NEWF Dive Lab Tanzania Cohort 2022 Application
Are you a Marine Scientist, conservationist, storyteller or film-maker from Tanzania aspiring to verge into life below water? if yes, then the NEWF Dive Lab Tanzania Cohort 2022 Application is for you!
Terms and Conditions For Selected Candidates:
- Must adhere to all Covid-19 regulations and protocols including being fully vaccinated and willing to undergo Covid-19 testing (Country regulations dependent)
- Be comfortable with sharing accommodation during the Lab in South Africa
- Agree to be filmed, photographed and quoted, incl. signing a release form which authorizes such permission.
- Ability to commit a minimum of 10 – 12 days to the programme
- Agree to participate in online sessions during the Dive lab
- Clearly demonstrated use of the skill gained after training
- Applicants must be 18 years old and above
- Applicants must be Tanzanian, born and currently residing as citizens in Tanzania
- Preference will be given to female candidates
- Applicants must have a background in either marine sciences/conservation, storytelling, photography and/or filmmaking
- Applicants must be medically fit for diving and comfortable in the water (if accepted you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire/health check)
- Applicants must know how to swim at least 200 meters without aids
- Applicants must be able to float without aids for at least 10 minutes
- Applicants must be willing to participate in a swim test prior to being selected for the Lab
- Demonstration of how this skill will enhance your career professionally
- Applicants must provide at least two professional references