Nedbank Risk Graduate Trainee Program 2022 for South Africans
Applications are now open for the Nedbank Risk Graduate Trainee Program 2022. The main aim of the program is to assist with providing expertise; advice; assistance; consultancy services and general support required by Nedbank Cluster for all governance; policy; process and procedural matters or issues for all risk related services and compliance matters.
Requisition Details & Talent Acquisition Contact
REQ 120135- Tshego Semenya
Manage Self: Professional
Risk Graduate Trainee
- Identify and address issues or concerns through the provision of risk advice.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes; models and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Optimise the risk management performance of Nedbank Cluster by assisting business to identify; recommend (through reporting; insights and risk analytics) and execute risk management strategies within the Group’s defined risk appetite.
- Provide insightful and advanced management information; risk analytics; insights and strategic motivation resulting in the optimal management of these risk disciplines.
- Provide recommendations that are well supported through insights to relevant decision-making body to improve risk management processes and practices.
- Automation of reporting
- Provide risk advice to assist and enable business and enterprise governance committees to achieve its risk objectives by developing; managing and executing policies; procedures; practices of a risk nature.
- Deliver world class risk reports to enterprise governance committees on governance; regulatory; procedural and practice matters
- Ensure alignment and embedding of policies and the Group Operating Manual.
- Manage risk by developing mandates for an effective risk management structure.
- Report on the risk management process by generating and presenting risk reports.
- Ensure the requirements of risk; governance and compliance are addressed by embedding a risk culture within Nedbank Cluster.
- Build and sustain business relations to ensure satisfied internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Manage the relationship between Nedbank Cluster and Nedbank Group Risk
- Meet internal stakeholder requirements
- Provide advice by responding to ad hoc risk requests and queries.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders’ businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
Planning and Organising
- Support the achievement of the business strategy; objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems; process; services and solutions are aligned.
- Ensure continued satisfaction of stakeholders by meeting turnaround times for requests
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
- Research and provide training to staff on risk.
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g. Green Strategy).
Personal Growth and Development
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced, and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Enable skilling and required corrective action to take place by sharing knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Graduate degree in Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Actuarial Science, or a quantitative discipline (e.g., engineering), or a Chartered Accountant
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Industry trends
- Microsoft Office
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Risk management process and frameworks
- Business writing skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Quantitative Skills
- Applied Learning
- Earning Trust
- Stress Tolerance
- Driving for results
- Continuous Improvement
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills