Deadline: Friday May 27,2022.
Nairobi Summer School on Climate Justice (NSSCJ) 2022 Now Open — Across The world
The call for applications for the Nairobi Summer School on Climate Justice (NSSCJ) 2022 is now Open.
The Pan Africa Climate Justice Alliance invites eligible, young people applicants from diverse fields to apply for a two (2)-week long hybrid Nairobi Summer School on Climate Justice that will take place from 26th June to 10th July 2022 at Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya.
About the Nairobi Summer School on Climate Justice
The Nairobi Summer School on Climate Justice https://climate-justice.school/ is an international platform that brings together long-standing, younger generations of campaigners and activists of climate justice advocates and practitioners to share experiences and perspectives. We will especially reflect on just pathways to a low-carbon, climate-resilient, socially-just development trajectory. The inaugural Nairobi summer School on Climate Justice was held on 30th August – 11 September 2021 at Kenyatta University. There were over 500 participants drawn from Africa, Latin America, Asia, and the Caribbean.
The long-term objective of the Summer School is to give prominence to creative African voices, especially from the youth, and inspire social and scientific innovations that tackle the vexed questions of environmental and climate justice, including on grounds of gender relations, race and ethnicity, class and intergenerational equity.
This initiative brings together Climate Justice actors including activists and scholars from universities, research institutions, and civil society champions especially from grassroots community organisations, environmental organisations youth networks, women’s groups, and trade unions. We seek both individuals and organisational representatives from across the world to share, learn and network so as to promote Climate Justice. The Summer School will cover a variety of modules offered by experts and eminent scholars from across the world, as well as by Africa’s leading Climate Justice strategists and activists.
Relevant information about the course:
- The course will be conducted in English and French.
- The summer school will be delivered in various formats, including project presentations,thematic workshops, scholars in conversation, and keynote lectures.
- Participation certificates will be available.
Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the selection process by Tuesday June 7, 2022.
Nairobi Summer School on Climate Justice (NSSCJ) 2022 Now Open — Application and procedure
For a successful application the following is required:
- Completely fill all required fields in the application form Apply!
- Bring your willingness to build an active, ongoing network beyond the conclusion of the School
- Have fluence in English and/or French
The deadline for applying is on Friday May 27,2022. Apply now Nairobi Summer School on Climate Justice Apply!
Costs and Scholarship
Partial scholarships will be granted for some of the successful applicants. PACJA and Nairobi Summer School on Climate Justice encourage young people who are capable of self sponsorship to indicate so, in the spirit of promoting equitable access to opportunities for ALL.
Online participants will pay a one off registration fee of USD 20.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Important dates of the program
- Opening of the call: Monday April, 25, 2022
- Application deadlines: Friday, May 27, 2022
- Selection process date: Tuesday, June 7, 2022
- Arrival date in Nairobi Kenya Tuesday, June 26, 2022
- Starting date for One day High- Level Symposium: Monday, June 27, 2022 –
- Starting day for School Program: June 28, 2022-
- Last session of summer School:Saturday July 9, 2022
- Departure date to respective countries: Sunday July 10, 2022
For more information please contact:
NAIROBI SUMMER SCHOOL ON CLIMATE JUSTICE C/O PACJA
Address: P. O. Box 51005-00200, Nairobi – Kenya
House No, J13, Kabarnet Road Off Ngong’ Road, Nairobi, Kenya
Email: [email protected]
Apply now Nairobi Summer School on Climate Justice Apply!