Deadline: 30th April 2022.
Media Council Of Kenya (MCK) Industrial Placement Application Form 2022 | Kenya
Internships for Students –The Media Council of Kenya (MCK) is an independent national institution established by the Media Council Act, 2013 for purposes of setting media standards and ensuring compliance with those standards, safeguarding media freedom, and enhancing media development as envisaged under Article 34(5) of the Constitution.
The Media Council of Kenya in partnership with recognised media houses is implementing the industrial attachment programme, that is geared towards providing journalism students with practical work experience before graduation and to prepare them for the job market.
Duration of the Internship
The internship will be for a period of Three Months (3) May – July 2022. The Media Council of Kenya will provide a monthly stipend of up to KShs 15,000 for the trainees’ upkeep.
- Final year students from a recognised university or middle-level college.
- Letter of application from the student.
- Recommendation letter from the university or college.
- Academic transcripts.
- Valid Student Identification Card or Registration Number.
- Valid MCK Student Press Card 2022.
- Evidence of published work or broadcast will be an added advantage.
Beneficiaries will be placed in recognised media organisations across the country under the following areas of specialisation: Editorial, Radio, Television, Digital and Corporate Communications.
- Students pursuing degree or diploma in Journalism, Media Studies, Communications, Digital Media, or Public Relations who meet the above requirements are eligible to apply.
How to apply for the Media Council Of Kenya (MCK) Industrial Placement Application Form 2022
Interested students can apply by submitting all requirements through the online portal: https://mediacouncil.or.ke/services/support-services/careers with the subject title: Application for MCK Media Industrial Placement Programme on or before Saturday 30th April 2022.
NOTE: Email submissions will not be accepted The Media Council of Kenya does not solicit for payments or recruit through agents/agencies