Deadline: January 31,2023
Marcus Garvey Public Sector Graduate Scholarship Programme 2023/2024
Applications are invited for the Marcus Garvey Public Sector Graduate Scholarship to
undertake Graduate (Masters or Doctoral) Studies at an approved Local and or International University. Studies must be carried out on a full-time basis, and can be onsite, online or a combination of both, with effect from the Academic year 2023/24.
THEMATIC AREAS/PRIORITY DISCIPLINES
- Cyber Security
- Climate Change (Environmental Management/Disaster Risk Management)
- Data Analytics Economics
- Education (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics)
- Engineering/Built Environment
- Law, Public Policy & Administration/Governance
- National Security
- Public Health
- Jamaican citizens permanently residing in Jamaica
- Aged 45 or younger at the time of submission
- Applicants for the graduate scholarships must apply to an institution in the participating list of Universities (UWI, UTECH, Oxford University, Harvard University, King’s College, John Hopkins University)
- Applicants for the Marcus Garvey Scholarship Programme must have already applied to a University with the eligibility to graduate in two (2) years from the date of the scholarship
or be accepted into a university to complete the degree in two (2) years.
- Have obtained a university degree on submission of their scholarship application (for graduate scholarships)
- Must be permanently employed or have 2 years continuous service in the GOJ and be able to qualify for Study Leave.
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
(See website for complete listing)
- Certified copies of transcripts of grades for all academic degrees completed
- Three (3) recommendation letters (Character, Employer, Academic)
- Certified Birth Certificate/Bio-data Page of Passport
- Medical Certificate
- Curriculum Vitae
The Marcus Garvey Public Sector Graduate Scholarship will cover 100% of tuition costs for the eligible programmes at the participating universities. The Scholarship is awarded for a minimum period of one (1) academic year and a maximum period of two (2) academic years. The benefits vary and may include:
- Round trip ticket (applicable to overseas study, From Jamaica to University and Return)
- Miscellaneous & Book allowance
- Tuition and mandatory fees
- Medical Insurance (Overseas study only)
Successful candidates will be required to enter into a Bond Agreement with the GOJ prior to the uptake of the Scholarship Award giving an undertaking that upon completion of studies, they will work within the Public Sector for a specified period of time.
Applications will only be accepted via the Scholarships Web Portal link below
For other queries please contact the Technical Secretariat as outlined below:
The Technical Secretariat Ministry of Finance and the Public Service
30 National Heroes Circle
Email [email protected]
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.