Deadline: 5 August 2022.
Life Healthcare Vacancies – Cyber Security Internship Program 2022 for South Africans
Life Healthcare is offering Cyber Security Internship Vacancies. The internship vacancies exists for two TVET College learners who are currently registered for an IT qualification and have completed their N4, N5 and N6 theory, thus requiring 18 months of practical experience in order to obtain their qualification.
The interns will form part of the very exciting Cyber Security Division at Life Healthcare and will be based at Head office in Dunkeld.
The internships include the following:
The Information Security interns will report to the Head: Cyber Security Engineering Services and will work within the Global Group Information Security office, learning and assisting with the following:
- Collaborate with Cyber Security Analysts and Global IT Heads to drive the investigation and resolution of Security Incidents assigned to the Team via the approved ticketing system.
- Cyber Threat Hunting based on the Threat Intelligence and Indicators of compromise (IOC’s) being generated through various cyber defense technologies
- Drive coverage and adoption of the Information Security Technologies across the Group.
- Release of emails on the approved Email Security platform.
- Investigation of Incidents and Alerts on the various Endpoint Security, Network monitoring, SIEM as well as the Managed detection and response platforms.
- Participate in simulated cyber-attacks.
- Collaborate with the larger LHC team in driving Vulnerabilities and Patch Management findings.
- Daily operational health checks of the various Information Security Platforms.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Work closely with key members of the various IT teams for collaboration and analysis.
The interns will be registered with the HWSETA and will receive a stipend of R3,500 per month for 18 months.
- Learners must be unemployed to qualify for this project.
- Only South African citizens under the age of 35 will be considered.
- Learners need to include a letter from their learning institution confirming that they are a registered student requiring practical experience in order to qualify for this project.
Competencies and Skills:
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Initiative and self-driven
- Verbal & written communication
- Attention to detail
- Building relationships
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Computer literacy
- Willingness to learn and contribute
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to apply by forwarding a comprehensive CV to [email protected] by close of business on 5 August 2022.