Closes: 30th June 2022
Knowledge Trust Transport and Freight Controller Internship 2022 Programme for South Africans
Applications are now open for the Knowledge Trust Transport and Freight Controller Internship 2022 Programme for qualified persons to apply!
Freight Management is a Freight forwarder and custom Broker, that is really just a fancy way of saying we are a travel agent for cargo the world. We handle all the planning, logistics, paperwork and customs formalities for the international movement of cargo. It’s an industry that has been around since the Dutch East India company rounded the Cape.
Join the team
knowledge Trust is looking to grow our team from the bottom up, the Freight industry is a complex one and normally take a while to get to grip with all the industry specifics
knowledge Trust is offering a chance for exposure to all the information and processes in our freight company, starting from the very bottom to the operations management of international cargo
You will spend a large amount of time interrogating the vast sea of industry documents and drawing comparisons from multiple data sources. This job suits the kind of person who is always asking why, why, why?
- Matric or equivalent qualification required
- Drivers License
- Tertiary Education (optional)
- Very comfortable on a computer and with Excel (must hang at the formula bar)
- Extremely well spoken and proficient in English, written and verbal
- Well organised and pedantic when it comes to attention to detail
- Can take direction and work as a team player when required
- Prepared to work after hours if and when required (we not about this life, but is does happen)
- Learning the in and outs of Transport control
- Collection of most of the documents that pertain to shipping
- Assisting with ad hoc tasks for different team members – they also get snowed under sometimes
- Ensure timely receipt of correct shipping documentation, and if required, pass file to operations staff
- Managing the document flow into and inside the office.