KingsIsle Entertainment Paid Summer Internship Program 2023
KingsIsle Entertainment, established in 2005, is a proven MMO hit-maker with 50+ million registered users across both our MMOs with vibrant and strong communities. Our award-winning game Wizard101 is currently in its 15th year and Pirate101 is in its 11th; we’re working towards expanding our successful I.P.s into new platforms and regions. We attribute our success to great people, and we recognize the value of every team member. We work hard and have fun, whether it’s with lunchtime gaming sessions or office outings to the movies. The working environment, friendly teammates, and support for growing careers all contribute to the long tenures many people enjoy at KingsIsle.
Internships will focus on one or more career categories:
- Business and Finance
- Game Development
- Arts, Creative, and Audio/Video Technology
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides entry- to intermediate-level professional services, under supervision of professional staff and/or faculty personnel, as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the unit.
- Undertakes and/or participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within area of expertise.
- Interacts directly with colleagues, clientele, and/or other internal or external constituencies in the planning of assignments and the resolution of day-to-day operational problems.
- Receives guidance, training, and mentoring from professional personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
- As appropriate to the position and as specified by unit management, conducts original research, and prepares reports based on findings, to include recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Skills acquired through personal craft or partial/recently completed degree program.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to coordinate thoughts, and communicate completely and concisely.
- Strong, organizational, and detail skills, with the ability to consistently perform as business requests.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Ability to adjust easily when directions and priorities change.
- Proficiency in software that applies to a function-specific internship.
- Passion for learning the Games Industry.
- Believe in our culture and values. Ideal candidates’ passion for their community as well as a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- This is a contract opportunity that will have a specific end date with the possibility of extension based on business needs.
- Must be in the Austin area and able to travel to the office on a hybrid schedule