Deadline: 10th of June 2022
Khalq Summer School 2022 | Khalq Education Program
Haqooq-e-Khalq Movement, a progressive community based organization and partner of the Progressive International, is proud to launch their pilot project Khalq Summer School in Summer 2022 focusing on bridging COVID-19 induced learning losses among the school children of Lahore’s working-class neighborhoods.
We are looking for volunteer-based teaching fellows who can devote their time to help re-energize children’s commitment to education through fun, learning-based activities in June and July 2022.
The Program In the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic, schools across Lahore have noted an alarming drop in enrollments. Most inner city children attend private schools with low fees and razor-thin profit margins.
Low enrollments have left such schools on the brink of permanent closure, threatening to deprive whole neighborhoods of educational resources in a context where government-funded education remains absent.
In the face of this impending educational crisis right in the heart of Lahore, HKM is launching the Khalq Education Program working directly with struggling inner-city schools to connect them with much needed mentoring, teaching, and financial resources.
Our pilot program, the Khalq Summer School, will run in multiple schools in Chungi Amar Sidhu between 20th June and 30th July 2022.
Volunteer-run classes will be held on-site from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm on Tue, Wed, Thu. Camp attendees will range in age from class 8 – 10. All volunteer teachers will receive three days of training from experienced educators (LUMS) and will receive a detailed study-guide and teaching plan. Teaching Fellows will co-lead classes ranging from between 20-30 school children on essay writing, public speaking and civics.
Fellows with additional skills in arts, music, computer science, etc, will be encouraged to design additional modules. Exceptional volunteers will also be integrated into our Right and Civics Curriculum Development Program.
Qualifications for the Khalq Summer School 2022 | Khalq Education Program
- Between the ages of 18 and 25
- High school graduation required, but some college education preferred
- Fluency in English and Urdu. Working knowledge of Punjabi strongly preferred
- Ability to engage and manage school children
- Commitment to progressive social causes
- Commitment to seeing the summer program through
- Obtain training in cutting-edge pedagogical techniques from qualified university faculty.
- Gain hands-on knowledge of inner-city issues in Lahore and the skills needed to tackle them.
- Develop progressive grass-roots campaigns through community partnerships.
- Acquire project management skills and technical expertise in curriculum development and executing classroom activities for children.
- Training and teaching certificates will be provided to all teaching fellows who complete the program.
Interested applications should fill out the application form by 10th of June 2022. For any further query please contact [email protected]