Deadline: May 20, 2022.
Kaduna State Data Science Fellowship Programme 2022
Click-on Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Programme
The Data Science Fellowship Programme is part of the Kaduna State’s Data Revolution Plan aimed at strengthening the coordination in the collection and use of data for evidence based decision making. The Data Lab Project is jointly implemented by the Kaduna State Government, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Natview Foundation for Technology Innovation. It is a 5-year project aimed at supporting the State in implementing the Data Revolution Plan, with a core objective of developing human capital around data science and the use of data for decision making.
The Data Science Fellowship Programme over the period of 5 years, would be building the capacity of 100 youths in cohorts. The first cohort of the fellowship successfully trained 30 young people on Data Science and the use of modern tools in decision making. The 6-months programme with a focus on the health sector would have 3-months intensive training in a classroom learning environment and a 3-months paid internship; where participants would have an opportunity to work closely within the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab under the Kaduna State Bureau of Statistics.
- A chance to upgrade your skills and develop a career in the most sought after industry in the world.
- An opportunity to work with the Public Sector across Health, Education, Agriculture and Infrastructure to make impact through the use of data.
- Contribute to development planning, public policy, and use of data for evidence based decision making in the Health Sector.
- 6 months fully paid internship programme with industry leaders and stakeholders within the health sector.
- Model data using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning tools within the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab.
- Build a sustainable network within the Data Science Ecosystem.
Requirements for the the Kaduna State Data Science Fellowship Programme 2022
- Age: 18yrs – 35yrs except for exceptional cases
- Location: The State of residence must be in Kaduna
- Academic Qualifications: Graduate of Tertiary Institutions in any of the STEMS courses particularly: Statistics, Mathematics,
- Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Physical Sciences, and any other health related discipline. Undergraduates within the STEM fields identified who are doing their 6months to 1 year Internships are also encouraged to apply.
- Competency Level: We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Basic Knowledge around using Data & Understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Problem Solving Skills
- Communication Skills(Written and Verbal English)
- Gender: 50% gender balancing and distribution will be considered during selection process.