Deadline: 23 April 2023
Internet of Things with Raspberry Pi Pico Workshop Application 2023
The Internet of Things with Raspberry Pi Pico is a free workshop taking place in Nairobi, Kenya. Over the course of two days, participants will learn how to use a Raspberry Pi Pico microcontroller to solve real-world challenges using sensors, networking, and cloud technology.
This workshop is intended for enthusiasts and university students in the Nairobi hardware community and it’s hosted by Gearbox Europlacer, Gearbox Academy, Raspberry Pi, and Safaricom.
At this workshop, participants will learn how to:
- Program their Raspberry Pi Pico microcontroller using the MicroPython programming language
- Work with electronic components such as sensors, switches, and LEDs
- Connect their Raspberry Pi Pico to the internet
- Upload sensor data to cloud services
- Build a prototype project and share it with the world
Participants should have basic coding skills in any language and will be selected from a pool of applicants. They must be able to attend the full duration of the workshop and bring their own laptop; all other materials will be provided by Raspberry Pi.
How to Apply
Please apply for this free workshop using the link below by 23 April. The workshop will be run twice in the same week, to give more people the opportunity to join. A limited number of participants will be selected to participate.