Deadline: 23 June 2022, 23:59 UTC
Internet Governance Forum (IGF) Youth Ambassador Program 2022
Do you want to:
✓ make a big impact on Internet governance in your community?
✓ receive training and connect with a network of key influencers in the Internet governance sphere?
✓ gain access to a platform where you can raise your voice on Internet issues that matter to you?
Each year, the Internet Society selects thirty young, passionate people to participate in our IGF Youth Ambassador Program, equipping the next generation of Internet leaders to collaborate and innovate for a better world.
In becoming an IGF Youth Ambassador, you will have the opportunity to take part in the Internet Governance Forum (IGF). This annual meeting brings various stakeholders together from around the world to share good policies and practices relating to the Internet. During the program, you will:
- Receive training and mentoring on key Internet governance issues
- Represent your community, increase your visibility and bring your voice to the table
- Engage with key Internet stakeholders from around the world
- Work as a team and become part of the broader Internet governance community
- Develop the skills and connections needed to make more of an impact in your local community (and beyond!)
Selection Process for the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) Youth Ambassador Program 2022
If you are an Internet Society member aged 18-30, you can apply. There are three phases to the selection process.
1. Online Applications
All applicants must be:
- Able to present a strong interest in Internet governance
- Able to demonstrate interest and expertise on issues on the IGF agenda
- Comfortable with public speaking and communicating your stance
- Capable of representing the Internet Society, its views and policies
- Can continue to work with the Internet Society locally after the IGF
- Fluent in English
- Able to commit 6+ hours per week during the eLearning phase
- Available to take part in meetings and webinars
- Not have been previously selected as an Internet Society IGF Ambassador, [email protected] Fellow, or IGF Youth Ambassador
2. Online Internet Governance Course
The applicants selected in phase 1 (up to 150 individuals) will take an online course on Internet Governance. All participants will be divided into classes, each with a dedicated expert moderator to facilitate the learning process. Up to 50 participants will be selected to proceed to the next phase.
3. Paper Writing
Finalists from the online course phase will be required to write a paper on an existing or emerging area in Internet Governance, leveraging the learnings from the course and Internet Society 2022 Projects. A selection committee will evaluate papers, and the best submissions will be selected as IGF Youth Ambassadors.
Please note that the selection committee, composed of Internet Society staff, Online Tutors and Chapter/SIG Leaders, attempts to achieve professional, geographical, and gender diversity in the overall selections.