Deadline: Sunday, May 28, 2023 (11:59pm, Vienna time).
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Lise Meitner Programme 2023
The next professional visit under the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Lise Meitner Programme with a focus on Modelling and Simulation is expected to take place in October 2023, in the United States of America. Applicants with relevant background in modelling and simulation are especially encouraged to apply and should submit their applications not later than Sunday, May 28, 2023 (11:59pm, Vienna time).
Applicants with nuclear related background and interest in other focus areas (click here) are invited to submit their application for consideration for future visits. Those who have already submitted their application to the IAEA Lise Meitner Programme do not need to re-apply.
The application submission does not guarantee a place in the visiting professional programme.
Who can apply
- Female professionals from the IAEA Member States
- Currently employed with at least 3-5 years (and maximum 10 years) of relevant work experience in the nuclear field, especially in the energy sector; final year PhD students in the nuclear field, if they have prior working experience, may be considered for participation in the LMP
- Completed relevant Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD studies
All applicants are required to
- Complete the online application form
- Provide the requested documents as noted in the application form:
- Copy of passport
- Diplomas of relevant education (Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or PhD)
For applicants in their last year of PhD studies, additional required documents:
- Latest published relevant journal publication(s) and/or brief description of PhD thesis (max 2000 words) signed by the PhD advisor
- Completed PhD advisor release and recommendation form sent directly to LMP Team by the PhD Advisor (download form)
Applicants can apply in their own capacity or they can be nominated by their national authorities, in which case, the Participation Form should be completed by the participant and sent to the competent national authority for transmission to the IAEA. Please refer to additional instructions in the Form. All applicants are reviewed against the IAEA LMP established selection criteria. The support by national authorities is not mandatory and it does not guarantee participation in LMP.
Selected applicants will be contacted by the IAEA well in advance, and well before the start of the visit to allow for planning. Selected applicants will be provided with all necessary information pertaining to their participation in the IAEA Lise Meitner Programme.
Qualified female professionals are invited to submit the application with the required supporting documents at the following link.