Application deadline: 31 July 2022
Institute of Natural Resources NPC (INR) Latest Job Recruitment (Applied Researcher with a Focus on Integrated Environmental Management and/or Water Resource Management) – South Africans
The Institute of Natural Resources NPC (INR) is a Pietermaritzburg-based non-profit organisation that works towards the wise use of natural resources in pursuit of sustainability for the good of the environment and society. We do this through multidisciplinary action research and the dissemination of knowledge. We work closely with community partners in creating solutions that are both practical and easily implemented. In addition, we play an advisory role to government, communities and the private sector.
The organisation has the following position that we would like to fill in 2022:
APPLIED RESEARCHER WITH A FOCUS ON INTEGRATED ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
AND /OR WATER RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Applicants must have a Master’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Ecological Sciences, or a similar discipline and at least 8 years of professional experience in applied research and consultancy work.
If you do not have the above minimum level of qualification and evidence of consultancy experience please do not apply.
The position requires the following expertise / skill-sets/attributes:
- Detailed knowledge of Integrated Environmental and/or Water Resource Management.
- A high level of theoretical and practical experience in terrestrial and/or aquatic ecology.
- A good working experience and application of Esri ArcGIS software (QGIS will also be considered), and remote sensing analysis.
- Project and programme conceptualization, development, and management (including budgets).
- Experience in proposal writing/bid preparation, both technical and financial Networking, partnership development and fund-raising.
- Communication, reporting and public speaking.
- Well networked in the environmental/natural resource management, water and biodiversity sectors.
- SACNASP (Pr. Sci. Nat.) or equivalent professional accreditation in the relevant field(s).
- Interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a team environment as a leader.
- Results-driven, with the ability to work under pressure to successfully complete project deliverables on time and within budget.
- The ability to work independently.
- The ability to undertake field work.
- Willingness to travel and have a valid driver’s license and vaccination certificate.
The following evidence/attributes will be an added advantage:
- Evidence of designing and implementing data collection and management tools.
- Knowledge of EIA processes in South Africa.
- Evidence of an existing client base.
How to Apply
Interested persons are invited to apply by sending a letter of motivation that clearly addresses the requirements of the position, detailed curriculum vitae (including the names and contact details of three professional referees), and certified copies of full official academic transcripts, ID and driver’s license to [email protected]. The subject line should state ‘Applied Researcher’
This position will be a permanent position based in Pietermaritzburg and not a remote position. Remuneration will be on a full Cost to Company basis and will be market and profile related.