The deadline for submissions is June 29, 2022
In 2022, the Africa Philanthropy Network will hold an Essay Contest
Are you an African teen who enjoys writing and would like to contribute original ideas regarding the role of African philanthropy in community transformation? Fill out an application for the 2022 Africa Philanthropy Network Essay Contest.
The Essay Contest 2022 aims to elevate the voices of young people by providing them with the chance to submit fresh thoughts on the role of African philanthropy in addressing community concerns via innovation and practice.
The issues that African communities face are always present, but to what extent can they use African Philanthropy to improve community challenges via innovation and practice? The APN seeks to generate youth-led solutions on this crucial topic through this Essay Contest. One of APN’s main goals this year is to strengthen and expand its position as a thought leader and go-to platform for making the case for African philanthropy, and such an endeavor fits right in. This campaign aims to involve African teenagers between the ages of 18 and 35.
African Philanthropy Transforming Community Challenges: Innovation and Practice is the theme of this year’s essay contest.
The first ten (10) winning essays will receive monetary and recognition awards from APN. In addition, there will be additional incentives such as a participation certificate, social media profiling, and the opportunity to speak at peer learning events.
- The competition will include all Sub-Saharan African countries.
- Young people aged 18 to 35;
- English, French, Portuguese, and Kiswahili are all fluent.
Requirements for Admission
- Contact information (emails, social media IDs)
- a copy of your national identification card or passport
- A passport-sized photograph (jpeg or PNG format, high resolution, 1024 x768 Pics, not more than 7mb)
- Maximum of 1500 words, Arial Narrow font, size 11. The word count does not include references or footnotes. Noncompliance will result in automatic disqualification. Plagiarism will not be tolerated, and all participants are encouraged to source their work if they intend to use information that is not their own.
- All submissions must be in English, French, Portuguese, or Swahili.
- Each participant may submit only one entry.
How to Apply
All entries must be submitted electronically via email to [email protected]. Uploaded entries must include the person’s name and all contact information.