Deadline: 17th June, 2022.
Hypertension Course 2022 for Non-Physician Health Workers
Applications are now open for the Hypertension Course 2022 for Non-Physician Health Workers. Hypertension has become a major public health challenge in Africa. Despite the huge burden, hypertension awareness, treatment and control in the sub-region is one of the poorest in the world. Hitherto, management of hypertension was solely carried out by physicians. However, scarcity of physicians across the continent has made it practically impossible, to achieve higher control rate of hypertension. Recently, efforts are directed to address this challenge by engaging the non-physician health workers in a task shifting/ task sharing model. Non-physician health workers who will engage in treatment of hypertensive patients, need structured training to equip them for the task.
The four-month training is divided into two phases; two months (two-hour per weekend) online didactic lectures and a two month period of mentorship by experienced physicians (in-country mentors). All courses in the first phase will be in English Language.
Eligibility Criteria for the Hypertension Course 2022 for Non-Physician Health Workers
- Employed in a registered health facility as a community health worker, nurse, pharmacist etc. This must be confirmed by a letter of support from the head of department/head of the facility or a supervisor.
- Each applicant should submit a copy of his certificate of his/her license .
- Preference will be given to health workers in primary health care facilities.
- Applicants should demonstrate that she/he is either in charge of the care of hypertensive patients, or working in the hypertension management team.
- Have personal computer which is internet ready.
- Show commitment to complete the programme once admitted
Complete the online form and upload the necessary documents including your current practising license, a passport photograph and a letter of support as stated above, not later than Friday, 17th June, 2022 (5.00pm WAT)