Hec Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI) Postgraduate Scholarship Application 2023 – Pakistan/AJK
Applications are now open for Hec Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI) Postgraduate Scholarship Application 2023 and will colse on August 01, 2022.The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI) is a multidisciplinary post-graduate academic institute established in 2005 under the initiative of Professor Dr. Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol. The aim of CGI is to employ most recent interactive teaching techniques used in leading educational and research institutions to produce effective thinkers and leaders to better serve their countries’ needs towards sustainable development.
The scholarships are offered for Master’s Degree (18 years education) in the following fields of study:
FIELD OF STUDY
Applied Biological Sciences: Environmental Health, Environmental Toxicology, and Chemical Sciences
HEC is only nominating agency for the subject scholarship program. Final awards will be made by CGI based on the academic merit, potential of the candidate and the likely impact of the work on the development of Pakistan.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
Scholarships are open to the Pakistani/AJK applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Under 30 years of age as on August 01, 2022.
2. Hold 16 years bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 2.75/4.00 in one of the following fields:
a) Sciences: Chemistry, Biology, Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, Environmental Sciences.
b) Medical Sciences: Medicine, Medical Technology
c) Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences.
3. Have experience in scientific laboratory research
4. Applicants must have demonstrated English proficiency from previous university or preferably certification of one of two recognized test of language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS)
5. Applicants must provide a statement of purpose explaining their interests in the study.
Coverage and Award Period for Scholarships:
The Scholarship will cover tuition and other academic fees (credit fee, laboratory expenses, refresher course fee, enrollment fee, thesis fee, production of thesis documents) round trip airfare, visa fee, first settlement allowance, relocation allowance, accommodation, monthly stipend, book allowance, health insurance and others. The scholarship award will cover six weeks refresher courses and follow by a period of 2 years master’s degree, subject to an annual review of the scholar’s satisfactory progress.
Note: Refresher will tentatively commence in June 2023 while the academic program will commence in August 2023.
HOW TO APPLY – Hec Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI) Postgraduate Scholarship Application 2023
CGI scholarship application form and medical history and report can be downloaded from here.
- CGI application from (Click here)
- Medical history and report form (Click here)
- Apply online at HEC website:https://scholarship.hec.gov.pk/#/auth/login After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad”. After submission of the application, get its printed copy to be signed & stamped by employer (if employed already).
DETAILS OF DOCUMENTS
For your own convenience, please keep ready two sets of CGI application form (printed copy) in a separate spiral binding along-with following documents:
- Statement of purpose explaining their interests in the study
- Research proposal
- Attested copies of all Academic Degrees & Transcripts
- Two passport size photographs
- Three Letter of Recommendation (academic or professional)
- Medical certificate
- Certificate of English language proficiency preferably TOEFL or IELTS.
- NOC from employer (in case of employment)
- One copy of HEC application form in separate spiral binding.
However, at the time of online application to HEC, you need NOT to send the hard copies of above-mentioned documents. The above-mentioned documents will be required by HEC from short listed candidates only at a later stage of the selection process.
Application deadline & notification of the award:
Successful Candidates will be notified of the outcome by the CGI around January 2023.
Please take note of the following:
1. No Application documents mentioned above will be returned whether the application is successful or not.
- HEC will shortlist eligible applicants on the basis of selection criteria defined by CGI, highest academic merit, test/interview and the number of scholarship slots allocated for Pakistani students by CGI.
- Only online submitted applications are accepted. Saved/Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
2. Please note that HEC has facilitation role in nomination process, as final selection will be made by the donor country/Agency/Institute. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
3. In case of final award, selected candidates will not be able to withdraw, otherwise HEC reserve the right to put penalty including impose a ban for future scholarship award.