Deadline: September 30th, 2022
Girls Unstoppable Uganda (Ug) Scholarship Application 2023 (Registration No. 80020000016645 )
Girls Unstoppable Uganda (Ug) (GU) – Registration No. 80020000016645 is based in Takajjunge, Mukono District, Uganda. GU works to transform the lives of marginalized adolescent girls by providing them with scholarships that support them to attain education, skills, and knowledge.
Each year GU supports marginalized adolescent girls as they pursue their Secondary Education. The financial support is primarily to cover the cost of education itself in school fees (fully or partially) with or without other directly related expenses like books.
Scholarships are generally granted for the full period of secondary education; however, recipients must maintain good grades, participate in community service and meet GU deadlines for submitting an official copy of the termly report, and validation of community service hours. Therefore, the scholarship can be discontinued at any time in the event of unsatisfactory performance and/or dishonesty.
The scholarship awards are awarded once a year in Jan following vetting of applications and subsequently a home visit.
Eligibility – Girls Unstoppable Uganda (Ug) Scholarship Application 2023
Our ideal candidate – an adolescent girl in secondary school who:
- Successfully completed a primary education, with good to excellent grades
- Joining or is currently in secondary school.
- Has a history of community service.
- Will not be able to continue or begin secondary education without financial assistance.
- Applications must be received by Sep 30th 2022 to be considered for the 2023 academic year.
- The successful GU Scholars will be notified on 9th Jan 2024. Their names will also be published on our website, and all our social media platforms like Facebook, twitter and Instagram.
- This application form should be hand filled and dropped at our offices @ FOCUS Kalerwe or scanned and emailed to [email protected].
You may contact us on +256779649607/+256752937935 for any additional inquiries.
You will need the following information in order to complete this application:
- Official term reports from schools attended including the latest term
- National exam results (PLE and/or UCE)
- Personal statement (on separate paper)
- Essay question (on separate paper)
- Two recommendation letters
- Colored passport photograph