Ghana YouStart programme Date Revealed
The government of Ghana has completed the piloting of the flagship YouStart programme and ready to be rolled out in April this year. After the program takes off in April, every detail will be available.
YouStart is a vehicle by the Government of Ghana to support the youth with developing commercially viable businesses, gaining access to capital, training, technical skills and mentoring to enable them launch and operate their businesses.
The programme will be implemented by the Ghana Enterprises Agency (GEA), the National Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme (NEIP), and partner financial institutions at the cost of GHS 10 billion for the next three years.
YouStart will provide the youth-led enterprises with:
- District Level Loans under GHc10,000 after 2- 3 months of training.
- Soft loans of up to GHc 50,000 to help start-ups (particularly by young graduates and school leavers) and small businesses to expand.
- Starter packs (Soft loans tied to equipment acquisition) of up to 50,000 for individuals and GH l00 000 for associations/groups.
- Standard loan package of between GH(100,000 to GHc400 0oo at concessional rates for SMEs through financial institutions.
- Ghana Startups with founders under the age of 35 years.
- Graduates & High & School Leavers
- Entrepreneurs under the age of 35
Components Of YOUSTART
Skills Development, Entrepreneurial Support and Business Advisory Services.
Access to Competitive Credit and Starter Packs
Mentoring and Access to Markets including Portals to facilitate “digital linkages” between youth- led enterprises and other businesses and relevant Government agencies.