Deadline: 13 May, 2022.
Gert Sibande District Municipality Finance Internship Programme 2022 for South Africans
Applications are invited from suitable qualified and experience applicants to fill the following vacant positions at Gert Sibande District Municipality (Category 3 Municipality), an equal opportunity employer, suitably qualified and experienced candidates to apply for the under-mentioned position:
The Gert Sibande District Municipality is an affirmative action employer, and committed to the implementation of its Employment Equity Plan, people from designated groups are therefore encouraged to apply.
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE
FINANCE INTERNSHIP X 3 FOR 24 MONTHS CONTRACT
Requirements for the Gert Sibande District Municipality Finance Internship Programme 2022
- Must have complete B degree/National Diploma in Accounting/Financial Management
N6/Accounting and Internal Audit. Applicants from rural areas will be given preference and residence within the Gert Sibande District Municipality area of jurisdiction.
The incumbent will be exposed to various functions within the Finance Department, including the following:
- Performing specific clerical tasks associated with the processing of information pertaining to debtors, creditors, income and expenditure
- Reconciling debtors, creditors and general ledger accounts
- Assisting with the input of salary information and the control of such data
- Maintaining proper financial records and ensuring access to such records are safeguarded
- Performing specific functions related to the management of electronic data and records Ensuring the timeous submission of statutory third party financial returns
- Assisting with the compilation of the annual budgets, SDBIP and financial statements
- Generating relevant financial reports for the various Management and Committee structures within the Municipality
- Internal Audit functions and processes
- Supply Chain management processes
As part of the selection process, candidates may be tested on any requirement, skill or competency, which will include pre-employment screening, security vetting and psychometric assessment.
N.B: (The posts are subject to security vetting)The above posts are subject to Job Evaluation.
Interested persons meeting the requirements are requested to forward a covering letter (application letter), stating clearly the position applied for, together with a detailed CV and certified copies of qualifications to: Acting General Manager: Corporate Services: Mr. SP Msibi, Gert Sibande District Municipality, PO Box 1748, Ermelo 2350 on or before 13 May 2022 at 12:00.
(NB: Z83 Forms, Emails and Faxes will not be accepted). Administrative enquiries should be directed to Ms. Patricia Khanye at (017) 801-7037 or Mr. Hendry Jele at (017-801 7165) For more details on each post, please refer to our website www.gsibande.gov.za Please note that it is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure that the application reaches our District offices on or before the closing date mentioned above.
Should you not receive a response within 30 days of the closing date of the advertisement consider your application unsuccessful.