Deadline: 2nd June 2023.
Future Leaders in Public Service Internship Program 2023
Managed by the Partnership for Public Service, the Future Leaders in Public Service Internship Program helps bring diverse young talent to government and offers students the opportunity to apply their educational training to work at a federal agency. The program is actively recruiting its summer 2023 cohort to join the Department of Transportation, the Department of Commerce, the General Services Administration, the Small Business Administration and the Department of Housing and Urban Development as paid interns. Undergraduate, graduate and professional students from across all academic disciplines are welcome to apply.
Selected participants in the program will receive:
- A 10-12 week summer internship at the Department of Commerce, the Department of Transportation, the General Services Administration, the Small Business Administration or the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- $4,000 to cover stipend and other expenses.
- Professional development sessions, including orientation and networking events throughout the summer.
To apply to the program, candidates must be:
- U.S. citizens at the time of application submission.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited educational institution in an undergraduate or graduate program. Undergraduates must be current second-year students/sophomores and above.
- Able to demonstrate superior academic achievement and have a GPA above 2.5.
- Interested in at least one of the following career tracks:
Students admitted to the program must successfully complete a background check before beginning the internship in June 2023.
Summer 2023 Timeline
- September 1, 2022: Applications for the summer 2023 cohort open.
- November 27, 2022: All completed applications must be submitted.
- January–February 2023: Virtual interviews conducted.
- February–March 2023: Selected fellows will be notified of placement.
- March 2023: Background check process begins.
- April 2023: Virtual orientation.
- June 5, 2023: Internship begins.
- August 2023: Internship ends August 11–25 (internships run 10–12 weeks, based on what is agreed upon with each intern’s host office and supervisor).